FYI, Cheap soprano hardshell cases, $16

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukeinfused

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
So the digital universe apparently has my number.
They threw this in front if me, even though I've never bought a thing from Walmart: $16 generic hardshell black sop case.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Carrion-C-1640-Black-Hardshell-Soprano-Ukulele-Case/53320705

Per another post on UU, smallish measurements (see that post), but I think I remember this brand reviewed favorably on Amazon and that it fit the Mele sop I sold.

With free delivery to my local store (no spousal raised eyebrows at yet another box on the doorstep ;^), and assuming easy returns, seemed like a good idea to get three for the ukes going out this Christmas.

They also have a Sawtooth bari for $32. (I'd add a LOL, but the Sawtooth pineapple I bought for a kid from Amazon was surprisingly decent for the price.)

Last edited:
Tracie, thanks for the info.

I need to track down a site that has the inside dimensions of the case, and if a good fit, will maybe order a few.

I've seen the Sawtooth ukes around at various online vendors, but was suspect that they'd be worse than a Mahalo in terms of intonation and tone out of the box.

When I was not paying attention and ordered the Mahalo soprano I got off Amazon for $29, I doscovered that intonation was so bad (+25 cents sharp) that it needed about 9mm of bridge compensation in order to intonation well, which tells me that the bridge was in the wrong place.

I fixed it by cutting/shaping a chopstick left over from Chinese food delivery, so that it had a flat profile on one side (in order to lay flat on the bridge and not roll) and then after loosening the strings, slid that in betw the saddle and the string slots, and voila - intonation fixed now. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom