The suspense is killing me.

If it's not already on your radar, make sure to check out acacia - I really liked my mahogany & cedar, but I've also 'discovered' acacia now. ;)
I will do that. I'm going to check everything out. I'm not looking for anything in particular, except a soprano scale ukulele, so whatever talks to me. At the moment I'm looking at laminate sides and back, solid top, but I'm not pinning myself down on anything. But I don't want some expensive and exotic ukulele. Just a blue collar working man's ukulele that sounds good, but that I'm not so afraid to get a scratch in it that I don't ever take it out.

Last edited:
No cigar. Last year there were tables full of ukuleles, and this year, they were sparse. A few old Martin's and some Diamond Heads. Great workshops though, and I visited with Choirguy which is always good. Still in the hunt for a new soprano.

Any particular attributes you are seeking? What is you budget (if you don’t mind sharing).

While here at UGH I visited Shawn Yacavone/Ukulele Friend. He has an African mahogany Oulcraft longneck soprano that is really nicely crafted by a skilled luthier (Jungtae Kim, trained with Shinji Takehashi)). It is super light. The tone is excellent and it has great playability. I’m personally not wild about the fretmarkers but it a super nice imstrument. It’s on his website with sound sample. I’m considering it myself but just not good timing for me due to other acquisitions. Save me and buy it yourself. LOL.

Any particular attributes you are seeking? What is you budget (if you don’t mind sharing).

While here at UGH I visited Shawn Yacavone/Ukulele Friend. He has an African mahogany Oulcraft longneck soprano that is really nicely crafted by a skilled luthier (Jungtae Kim, trained with Shinji Takehashi)). It is super light. The tone is excellent and it has great playability. I’m personally not wild about the fretmarkers but it a super nice imstrument. It’s on his website with sound sample. I’m considering it myself but just not good timing for me due to other acquisitions. Save me and buy it yourself. LOL.
I will look at it, but I'm not really looking for a long neck. I think that I just want a soprano scale ukulele. Nothing too exotic. Maybe a spruce top, but I'm not stuck on spruce. As far a budget, I don't have one. I don't want one that is so expensive that I'm afraid to take it out and play it wherever I want to go with it, but that is going to be more of a feeling, than a number. I know that there is a ukulele out there looking for me right now. I'm just making sure that I get out and about so that it can find me. Sooner or later it will.

Top Bottom