VTAB FL-T15 Tenor - REVIEW

bazmaz

Reaction score
I thought this was a good review and was really tempted to buy one at two am the other night. Thought it would be a great Uke for price to experiment putting a twin spot pick up in or learning to do set up. Thanks for sharing

For the money I think they are remarkably well made and a huge leap above some of the other Chinese made instruments that seem to get people so excited... This one genuinely got me excited.

I just ordered the VTab solid spruce top with solid mahogany sides and back tenor. This is different than the tenor that Barry reviewed but I am hoping it will be as good given his enthusiastic review of the laminate.
I’m looking for a fairly big sounding uke to use at meet ups (so that I don’t have to play so darn hard in order to even hear my strum pattern).
As well, I am wondering about the action and intonation. Will I need to take it in to a luthier to have it tweaked, I wonder?
I don’t usually like to go to cheap on a uke because of the ‘you get what you pay for’ reality but Barry’s review was compelling and also this isn’t going to be played ina setting where subtitles matter.
The uke just shipped today from China. I’m excited to see and hear it once it has arrived. I will keep you posted here on my impressions after playing the new tenor.
In the meantime I’d be interested in hearing from anyone else who has scooped the solid wood VTab tenor, what has your experience been with this well made but relatively low priced ukulele?

My VTAB Concert arrived with an excellent setup. I haven't had to do anything to it other than install a couple of strap pins. I am still quite impressed with this company and think they represent an great bargain for a high-quality but very affordable instrument.

My VTAB Concert arrived with an excellent setup. I haven't had to do anything to it other than install a couple of strap pins. I am still quite impressed with this company and think they represent an great bargain for a high-quality but very affordable instrument.

Thanks for commenting. Snargle, this is good to know.

How is the volume on your concert? And, did shipping take very long?

Thanks for commenting. Snargle, this is good to know.

How is the volume on your concert? And, did shipping take very long?

Volume is excellent. Not quite as loud as my KoAloha, but there's not much louder than that!

Shipping was from California and it just took a couple of days. If yours is coming from China to BC, I suspect a couple of weeks, at least.

Volume is excellent. Not quite as loud as my KoAloha, but there's not much louder than that!

Shipping was from California and it just took a couple of days. If yours is coming from China to BC, I suspect a couple of weeks, at least.

Thanks Larry.

I will be sure to post once I have received my VTab and given it some play time. With any luck it will be as good quality as your concert.

The VTab solid spruce top, solid mahogany back and sides tenor has arrived and, boy, it does impress!

Just as with the uke that Barry reviewed, this VTab is neatly constructed and amazing quality for the price (it came in just slightly under $300 Cdn including the shipping).

The action is good and the intonation precise. Sound is full and well rounded with good sustain.

This will be my meetup uke and I am thrilled to give it its first test drive at tomorrow’s Steveston ukulele circle.

Glad to see more love for this brand - they really are great for the money

Top Bottom