Thread: FS-Vintage Harmony H150 Studio Special Steel String Baritone Uke Conversion

Default FS-Vintage Harmony H150 Studio Special Steel String Baritone Uke Conversion

This is an unusual Harmony. A 21.5" scale length student guitar yet the binding is not painted but real (plastic?) and the woods are solid Birch. This instrument has been converted into a 4 string to be used as a Baritone uke or a wide neck tenor or even a mandolin setup. The neck has been reduced by .125" (.0625 + .0625) but I am including the original hardware if you would like to return to 6 strings. Currently set up for Low G - C tuning. Comes equipped with Grover tuning machines and string height measures 3/32 at the 12th fret. Overall condition is fair to good with the usual bumps and bruises. I am not a pro luthier but not a hacker either. $120.00 shipping included in conus.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Interesting item here.

With the way that the loop-end strings wrap around the bridge (which is an inventive solution for an acoustic bridge), it appears that the bridge is fixed by only two screws - is there something underneath to reinforce the bridge?

Also, is the soundhole wide enough diameter to get your hand inside in case of any required maintenance?
    Just the FAQs _____Less > more._____Serenity now, insanity later._____Live Long and Prosper.

Booli, the bridge was inspires by some Porteguese acoustic instruments that use that formation (www.atlasofpluckedinstruments.com/europe.htm) that allowed me to easily convert to 4 strings and brought the strings down nice and low without requiring a neck reset. The Harmony is a good candidate because of it's short scale and bolt on bridge. Yes there is a wood plate under the saddle and I simply used the same spacing and screwed on. The sound hole is large enough for me to unscrew the original bridge and install the current configuration. I use a Low G - C tuning with the following string gauges: .024w, .016, .013, .010.

Thread Information