Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 300 - Deep Cuts

Default Season 300 - Deep Cuts

Ok, here we go. SEASON 300! Can you believe it?

This week's theme is Deep Cuts. I want you to imagine you are putting together a mix tape or a radio show filled with great songs which you love and you're sure the people you're playing these songs for have never heard them. Play those songs for season 300. There's so much great music out there and it is a crime that they are buried. Unearth these treasures and send us down a rabbit hole. Want to play a Rolling Stones or Neil Diamond song? Great! Just make sure it's a deep cut. Want to play a song by a struggling unsigned band you stumbled upon on YouTube? Fantastic! I love discovering new artists.

For the songwriters make a new vid of your favorite song and/or write a song about how mainstream radio sucks.

There is no song limit. Multi-tracking, multiple instruments, etc. are fine so long as the ukulele is front and center and we can see you playing it.

I won't be sending out any prizes, but I like the idea of making a donation. So, in honor of my beloved dog Denali who we recently had to put down, myself and Ukulelemommy will donate $1 for every vid you bring to an animal shelter in Sonoma County, which as we all know was hit by the worst wildfire in CA history. If you turn me onto an artist or band I've never heard, that vid will be worth $2.

As a little bonus, I will be listening to the original recordings of the songs you bring and I thought it would be fun to do a radio show with my faves. As a lot of you know, TCK and I do a little radio show, The Songs Stuck In My Head. I'll let you all know when I get that show up.

One more note, I will be going out of town towards the end of the week so I may not be able to keep up on your vids at that time. I'll do my best.

PLAYLIST

Don't start until after midnight Hawaiian time tonight and the Season will end 8 days later on Sunday at midnight Hawaiian time.

Have fun!
    Last edited by ukuleledaddy; 11-12-2017 at 12:59 PM.

What is the prompt for original songs?

Oh yes. A worthy 300th Season.
    Randy - Harry122

This is exactly one of the ideas I had on my list. So I like it!
    Never mind the words, just hum along and keep on going...

YouTube UkeintheHeartofTexas

Oh man, Sean. What a great theme! Like the idea inspiring the late, great Tom Petty's Buried Treasure show.

And I love the cause!
    KoAlana KCA- 0010 mahogany concert <VBG> Ohana CK-50WG concert (solid cedar top, willow back/sides) Ohana SK-35G solid mahogany gloss finish soprano Fluke natural concert <BG> Firefly maple concert banjolele <yee-haw!> Koa soprano Flea Islander MAT-4 spalted maple tenor Makala MK-CE concert

Raleigh Uke Jam:

My YouTube page

Aha! Thank you. My second song that I had in mind for last season would be perfect for this season. Now I don't have to stress about getting it done in time! Great location by the way. I hope you enjoyed the wine tasting.

Wow, I have a song for this one. It might even be a $2 song too!

Quote Originally Posted by hendulele View Post
    Oh man, Sean. What a great theme! Like the idea inspiring the late, great Tom Petty's Buried Treasure show.

And I love the cause!
    That's pretty much exactly the idea. In fact I almost called this season Buried Treasure. Have fun!

I've been trawling the net for obscure music (really just procrastinating), and I just wanted to share something I found with you. I love it, but there's no way I'm going to try to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by robinboyd View Post
    I've been trawling the net for obscure music (really just procrastinating), and I just wanted to share something I found with you. I love it, but there's no way I'm going to try to play it.

Cool tune! I've never heard it before. Has a sort of Fever vibe to it. Thanks for sharing!

Thread Information