dadgummed buzzzzzz :(

bellgamin

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
my 8 string baritone has a buzz on #1, the paired E strings. none of the other strings buzz. very mysterious & frustrating.

Is there a simple fix or should I take it to HMS, where I bought it?

Buzz where? Open string, fret X, all frets?

And is this new, or was it always there? If new, have you just changed your brand of strings.

Lots of causes of buzzing, and this information can help.

You talk of returning it, which suggests it's new. If so, and it buzzes open only, put a scrap of paper in the nut slot under each offending string. If the buzzing stops your nut slots are incorrect - a fairly easy fix, but check that trying it wouldn't prevent a return.

my 8 string baritone has a buzz on #1, the paired E strings. none of the other strings buzz. very mysterious & frustrating.

Is there a simple fix or should I take it to HMS, where I bought it?
You live close enough to just drop into HMS? Then I'd say do that. Nothing is better than having experienced hands, eyes, and ears near your uke in person. All we can do here is guess without having the uke in hand.

Since you actually can take it to Hawaii Music Supply, don't waste your time trying to figure it out on your own. Sheesh, if I only lived on Oahu!

Take the uke to the warehouse in Wahiawa where Joel and the setup guys are at..you live on Oahu..no brainer IMO
not sure why you just don't call them before posting here...?

Top Bottom