Thread: I like to play this bach.

Default I like to play this bach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC230wdYl1c

Is that a concert uke? and played in D tuning?
    I googled and I'm assuming there's no score sheet for this specific version, but if it exists, it'd very helpful if someone direct me.

Quote Originally Posted by yurey View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC230wdYl1c

Is that a concert uke? and played in D tuning?
    I googled and I'm assuming there's no score sheet for this specific version, but if it exists, it'd very helpful if someone direct me.
    Nice beginners piece

Check out Sam Muir, she has it in PDF down load for sale. She is a member here and has a great website with lots of classical content.
    Ukuleles.............yes please !!!!

It's not a D tuning, but that dog has no fleas. String #1 is a low G, #2 is a C, #3 is a G, and string #4 is a high E!
    The uke looks like a concert in Mr. Durrant's hands, but I think he's rather a large fellow, and it's most likely a tenor or close to a tenor scale (Look at the interviewer next to the ukulele).
    As for sheet music, the transcription in the video is probably Mr. Durrant's own. He may even be winging it. It's hard to tell with such talented musicians. Sam Muir's is excellent and more true to Bach. So is John King's transcription. These two are also arranged for standard GCEA (high G) tuning. There is a free (low G) transcription on Chief Noda's site. It's not as accurate as Muir's or King's versions, but still very nice and, unlike any of these others, in the original key!!
    Last edited by stevepetergal; 11-12-2017 at 07:42 AM.
    If everybody wanted peace instead of another TV, then there would be peace.
    -John Lennon-

Samantha Muir sent out an email today with a free download of tabs for an Etude by Tarrega (looks easy). I'd recommend getting on her mailing list if you like classical fingerstyle.

You can download the Etude free from her blog on https://iloveclassicalukulele.com.

I just purchased her first Carulli book (~$10), she said it's the easiest one to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by DownUpDave View Post
    Nice beginners piece
    Work your way up from this piece to something more challenging
    All the best,
    Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by TobyDog View Post
    Samantha Muir sent out an email today with a free download of tabs for an Etude by Tarrega (looks easy). I'd recommend getting on her mailing list if you like classical fingerstyle.

You can download the Etude free from her blog on https://iloveclassicalukulele.com.

I just purchased her first Carulli book (~$10), she said it's the easiest one to start with.
    I just got that email too. I think I might get myself that book for Christmas!
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

First, thank you all for giving me information. I appreciate it.

I watched Sam Muir play on youtube and I can see how she plays classically. But still, I'm attracted to Durrant's interpret. I actually got John King's book as well. I only got cheap soprano and it's not even at hand now, so I was really curious how he tuned it. It's great to know that. I think I'll try copy this piece after I get a new uke. I still don't know if I like a concert or tenor to have, but maybe I'll get a tenor has spruce top.
    Thank you everyone.

Thread Information