WTB: Concert or LN (Super Concert) with 1.5" nut width.

rappsy

Reaction score
I have determined that the wider nut width (1.5') is what I am most comfortable with, and already have wonderful 19 inch and 17 inch scale Ukes with tenor bodies. What I would like now is a concert body with a 15" (concert scale), 16" or 17" (tenor scale) neck.

I'll consider a soprano with a concert or tenor neck as well.

The brand isn't as important as the requirements, so it could be any quality level above starter, but nothing as high end as a Ohta-San, as an example.

WHATCHA GOT???

Thanks for reading.

If you're interested in new, give Covered Bridge a call.

Lenny is a big boy now. He wants wider neck. I have a 1.5'' LFdM. Come and get it. ;)

Oh you are such a tease, bad girl.

I have a Kamaka 100th anniversary baritone with a 1-1/2" neck........chances you buying this are the same as Brenda's LfdM, zero less 10%. Good to see you Lenny, keep buying brother, slowing down is for dead people

Lenny if you settle for a regular neck like regular people do. We have a good one waiting for you here in Canada. No teasing. It is really here and can be shipped right the way. It's everything you want except 1 1/2 " neck. :eek:

If you're interested in new, give Covered Bridge a call.

A friend loves his CB. I'll ask him about it. Thanks Jim.

RRRRRAAAAAPPPPSSSSYYY is BACK!

Simon, Halloween hasn't killed me yet. It's trying, but another year and I'm still here....

I have a Kamaka 100th anniversary baritone with a 1-1/2" neck........chances you buying this are the same as Brenda's LfdM, zero less 10%. Good to see you Lenny, keep buying brother, slowing down is for dead people

Why stop when it is so much fun to keep going? The 19 inch Kanile'a that I am using as a tenor works great, so Dave, you are right. Neither would work for me at this time, although as we all know, NEVER SAY NEVER.

I think you might reconsider the Otah San. It's exactly what you're looking for. I've played a few and think they're excellent instruments. Why buy something that's less than what you want?

I believe Islander makes all their concert ukuleles with a 1 1/2" nut. Nice ukuleles, now in a wide variety of styles and prices. I had one of their low end models to try out the wider spacing. I liked it very much. Probably the best place for you to start.

http://www.islanderukulele.com/Page/Home

Last edited:
I think you might reconsider the Otah San. It's exactly what you're looking for. I've played a few and think they're excellent instruments. Why buy something that's less than what you want?

I believe Islander makes all their concert ukuleles with a 1 1/2" nut. Nice ukuleles, now in a wide variety of styles and prices. I had one of their low end models to try out the wider spacing. I liked it very much. Probably the best place for you to start.

http://www.islanderukulele.com/Page/Home

Steve You are two for two. I have owned 2 different Ohta-Sans and I agree with you that they are wonderful Ukes. The reason I moved them on originally was because they were 3rd in my rotation, and that kind of expensive and beautiful sounding instrument should not be 3rd. The main reason for it was because of the smaller nut. I actually reconsidered it again as one of our members made an offer to me for one that was difficult to pass on, but I did because of these reason.

As far as the Islander, I have one being offered to me as we speak and I am waiting for some info on it. It satisfies my needs, and it comes in at a price that I won't mind paying for the amount that I will be playing it. I am already a Kanile'a fan having a custom 19 inch tenor and a 17 inch.

Two for two. Thanks for the suggestions.

Lenny if you settle for a regular neck like regular people do. We have a good one waiting for you here in Canada. No teasing. It is really here and can be shipped right the way. It's everything you want except 1 1/2 " neck. :eek:

Brenda Brenda Brenda. The 1.5 inch neck gives me the opportunity to play as bad as my talents take me. A smaller nut would not let me be the worst I can be.....

Hola, Rappsy!

Interested in my Kanilea K-1 SC? PM me if you'd like details.

Top Bottom