Australian Blackwood with Gidgee Tenor - Picture Set

BR Ukuleles

Reaction score
High figure Australian Blackwood, Bear Claw Sitka and Ringed Gidgee trim.

This is a tenor with a K&K Aloha Twin pickup, Gotoh machine heads, and strung with Worth Brown low G string set. Finished in a sating lacquer.

Blackwood and Sitka Tenor4.jpgBlackwood and Sitka Tenor6.jpgBlackwood and Sitka Tenor8.jpgBlackwood and Sitka Tenor13.jpgBlackwood and Sitka Tenor3.jpg

WOW! I love the asymmetric details and overall art deco touches. Well executed. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Beautiful work! Took a look at your site and everything looks outstanding.

As always, its a beautiful instrument.

I've always loved your heels. Have you decided to change your normal heel design or is this just something different you are trying on this instrument?

As always, its a beautiful instrument.

I've always loved your heels. Have you decided to change your normal heel design or is this just something different you are trying on this instrument?

I've switched production from the Spanish heel to a bolt on neck. The new design doesn't allow for that very slim heel and heel cap. They looked cool, but the amount of time to install them was getting to be too much for the number of instruments I build.

OK. Here is what I love about this uke: Notice how the peghead radius design mimics and matches the overall curve and shape of the body? What this does is tie the whole design together and makes the ukulele to appear to be one harmonious shape. It ties everything together. Instead of the instrument being a series of separate design elements, it appears as one and rests the eye. This is a real artist at work. A timeless design. Stunning.... Other than that, I notice a speck of dust on the lower left corner of the right upper lower bout. Well nobody is perfect. Even Allen..... Just kidding!

I've switched production from the Spanish heel to a bolt on neck. The new design doesn't allow for that very slim heel and heel cap. They looked cool, but the amount of time to install them was getting to be too much for the number of instruments I build.

Very understandable but I suspect you'll still have customers requesting you make them an instrument using your Spanish heel design. As you say, it looks cool, and it shouts Barron River.

It is said that perfection is unobtainable. If that is so, your instruments certainly come pretty darn close! Another beauty!

Bob

I've always loved your heels.

...especially when they match your purse! (I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself)

On a serious note, every time I click on a thread to see one of your finished ukes I'm simultaneously elated and depressed. You build some of the most beautiful instruments I've ever seen. Your careful attention to design details as noted in sequoia's post takes it all to another level.

I fantasize about ordering a custom BR uke but it would all be in vain as my wife would likely sell it to pay for my funeral services ;):D:D

Top Bottom