Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Starter U Bass?

Vista (North County San Diego), California

No, Mike, the batteries install in an easy access compartment on the outside of the U-Bass by the 1/4" output jack. It uses two watch batteries. The on board tuner really helps getting the U-Bass tuned quickly. It rocks through my Bose S1 Pro! Ric

I mean a panel to allow easy replacement of the strings. The Kala U-Bass, and bass ukes Rondo sells (that look very much the same as the Robelli) have the panel.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 3 acoustic bass ukes, 8 solid body bass ukes, 8 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. http://www.theukc.org
    • Member The CC Strummers: https://www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos
    Last edited by kohanmike; 05-15-2018 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ricdoug View Post
    I just received my Carlo Robelli U-Bass after over 2 months on back order from Sam Ash. It's playable out of the box and has built in 3 band EQ and digital tuner and volume control. Mine has frets ( they advertise fretless) and Aquila Bass Strings. For $99 bucks, you will never beat this deal! Ric...
    That's a great find Ric, and ~2/3 the price of the Rondo Hadean models.

Thanks for sharing this info here.

Good luck and enjoy!
    This ═╣FAQ link╠═ will help you learn about many things.
    You should click it, as the answers are waiting for you.

Vista (North County San Diego), California

Not on mine, Mike. My large forearms fit in the sound hole far enough to reach the strings.

I just picked up the Carlo Robelli U-Bass from Sam Ash this afternoon.

It was a total impulse buy! I was doing my usual jaunt around the store (looking for anything interesting) and saw they had a few Kala U-basses on the floor. Then, I saw the Carlo Robelli for less than a third of the price of the Kalas. I played each of the u-basses they had, and found that the Robelli had the best acoustic sound of them all. The construction was pretty much identical, although the Robelli weighed a bit less. It came equipped with the Aquila Thundergut strings.

I wasn't able to play through an amp, seeing as how the batteries had been removed from all of the instruments. They threw in a pair of the CR-2032 batteries with my purchase of the U-bass. I took it home, plugged it into my Mac, and played into Logic Pro X. It has a good, upright tone just using some of the presets. I will have to create my own to get the best tone I can.

Next step - get my bass amp set up and try again.

For $99.00, this was an unexpected treat!

Here's a link to the mentioned Carlo Robelli model:

https://www.samash.com/ukb-325-acous...ss-crukb325x-p

FYI, if you sign up for Sam Ash online (make an account), they will send you a coupon for $20 off of any $100 purchase. The $99 Ubass doesn't qualify, BUT add a $2 pack of picks, and you can get the Ubass for $81.

Oh, and Hello! New to the forum, and three weeks new to ukes!

Was wondering how these hold up over the long run. Would it make more sense to get a used Kala for reliability?

Reason I'm asking is cuz I've had my current guitar for 37 yrs & Peavey (US) Dyna-bass for 34 years. I originally bought a Cimar (cheap version of Ibanez precision copy) & the neck developed these weird bumps within 2 years. Don't need anthing to last that long but would want something that I can count on.
    Last edited by ampeep; 08-08-2018 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NoJive View Post
    FYI, if you sign up for Sam Ash online (make an account), they will send you a coupon for $20 off of any $100 purchase. The $99 Ubass doesn't qualify, BUT add a $2 pack of picks, and you can get the Ubass for $81.

Oh, and Hello! New to the forum, and three weeks new to ukes!

Thanks for that!!! Just bought myself a birthday present.

Quote Originally Posted by ampeep View Post
    Was wondering how these hold up over the long run. Would it make more sense to get a used Kala for reliability?

Reason I'm asking is cuz I've had my current guitar for 37 yrs & Peavey (US) Dyna-bass for 34 years. I originally bought a Cimar (cheap version of Ibanez precision copy) & the neck developed these weird bumps within 2 years. Don't need anthing to last that long but would want something that I can count on.
    Not sure about longevity, nor durability since my use of the Rondo basses is for home recording of my songwriting efforts and I've yet to take mine out of the house in the 2 yrs since buying them.

I have one of the Rondo solid-body models in a traditional tobacco sunburst, and one of the acoustic-electric models with a maple veneer on it. Both work fine for my simple needs.

Since taking up ukulele 5 yrs ago, my 34" scale electric bass is difficult to play and my 4/4 size upright bass is near impossible to play now. Going to be selling both.

Eventually I'd like to get the 'Timber' uke bass from The Magic Fluke Company (MFC), and I'd call it sorted and maybe sell the Rondo models if the Timber ticks all the boxes. I wont need 3 uke basses for home recording.

I've been a big fan of MFC and have 6x of their ukes and their Cricket violin, so I am familiar with the consistent quality products they make...thus my interest in their Timber bass instead of a Kala or other similar offering.

Thread Information