Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 301 of the Ukulele- Stay all night, Stay a little longer.

So I had a look at a Spotify playlist this morning and some of it probably doesn't count but there's a bunch of songs from various Fallout soundtracks that I love that will probably fit the bill.

This is one of them and although it wasn't on the play list I've always thought it's in a similar vein to the Smoke Smoke Smoke song Rob posted yesterday. So from Elton Britt in 1955 here's uranium fever.

Also I'm losing my voice this week so this might be one and done for me.
    "Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

1929 standard western swing song

This is one I did last year for the "long title, short song" Season, but here is the 2017 version. It was recorded by Bob Wills & His Texas Playboys, and also by the wonderfully named Jim Boyd & The Light Crust Doughboys. Written in 1924, according to the sheet music, which I was amazed to find in the online archive of the library here in York.

www.365ukesongs.co.uk - 365 songs in 365 days, raising funds for SolarAid

Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander....Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor" ....Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box...all with Worth strings...and a few chords

And another Bob Wills song! Written and also recorded by Cindy Walker (who wrote a lot of songs for Wills in the 1940s.) This version is brought to you by that newly discovered (unfortunately!) Western Swing Band, Limousin Lil and the Lost Chords!

Walnut Flea Soprano, Eleuke Peanut, Rob Collins Soprano, Motu, Ukubidon, Gretsch Camp Ukulele, Tenor "Style Manouche", Hora mahogany Baritone, Roger Terry baritone, Sylvain Enjoubaut concert, Outdoor Ukulele (tenor), Ohana Vita, Ohana KA-6 (6-string tenor), DoudsandJo electro-acoustic tenor.

Here's a Bob Wills classic, that had Tommy Duncan on the vocal. I've always liked this song, and it's been recorded by countless other artists over the years. Not the kind of song I would normally sing, but I had fun attempting to play it.

Wrap-up video for Season 299 is up. You may now return to your regularly scheduled Season.
    Flat flip flies straight.

Aaaa-haa! Yes, we love Western Swing. Excellent week theme, TCK. So let's ride to San Antone …

Season 301. Submission 1. "The Wayward Wind" (Written by Herb Newman and Stan Lebowsky, 1956)

This song has been famously recorded by Tex Ritter (1956), Gogi Grant, Patsy Cline and Crystal Gayle.

Thank you for hosting, TCK! Great great theme!

Last edited by turtledrum; 11-21-2017 at 12:24 PM.

An old standard that Bob Wills & the Texas Playboys recorded, and it has been recorded by numerous others. I don't know how many times I've played along with this song and the local jam band. Now I get to sing it, too!

Never mind the words, just hum along and keep on going...

YouTube UkeintheHeartofTexas

Another old standard. One of the ladies in the jam band likes to sing this one.

Never mind the words, just hum along and keep on going...

YouTube UkeintheHeartofTexas

Thread Information