Tone Deaf in Ann Arbor Michigan

KZVO

Reaction score
I'm a bored senior citizen. About a week ago, I held a Ukulele in my hands for the first time. A brief outline of my recent musical journey goes something like this:

About a year ago I thought I should build a cigar box guitar. They looked cool, and, in the right hands, they sound really cool. I built a couple of them, but something about them wasn't quite right. Thinking the fretboard was my problem, and, thinking that I should buy a cheap stringed instrument so that I could study it and refer to it, while building my next project, I purchased a $40 concert uke. Now, I can't put the darn thing down.

I'm pretty sure that my next build will be a cigar box Tenor Ukulele.

I've never been very successful at playing music, and, yeah, I just might be tone deaf, but, I'm having fun.

I'm a bored senior citizen. About a week ago, I held a Ukulele in my hands for the first time. A brief outline of my recent musical journey goes something like this:

About a year ago I thought I should build a cigar box guitar. They looked cool, and, in the right hands, they sound really cool. I built a couple of them, but something about them wasn't quite right. Thinking the fretboard was my problem, and, thinking that I should buy a cheap stringed instrument so that I could study it and refer to it, while building my next project, I purchased a $40 concert uke. Now, I can't put the darn thing down.

I'm pretty sure that my next build will be a cigar box Tenor Ukulele.

I've never been very successful at playing music, and, yeah, I just might be tone deaf, but, I'm having fun.

Welcome to the forum.

A lot of folks think they are tone deaf or have no musical talent...
then they find the ukulele!

I suspect that they never found the right instrument.
Congrates on finding yours.

Welcome aboard. :)

I spent a life time looking for a musical instrument that I could play without success, until I retired & tried a uke.
I became reasonable with it, & now know that, even if I am tone deaf, as I've always been told, with an electronic tuner, it can be over come.

I even went back to harmonica, & am able, just about, to get a tune out of them now, thanks to being able to do so with my ukes. :)

Welcome;stick with it,it's a worthwhile journey!

I bet you are more musical than you give yourself credit for. Stick with it and you will surprise yourself with what you pick up, but be sure to have a little fun a long the way.

ahoy

also tone deaf

seven months ago started learning to play

could not hear difference between G and G7, A and A7

can now hear differences
could not hear when started

yours truly
mac

Top Bottom