Brrrrrrrrr

Timbuck

Reaction score
Just went in the Garden workshop with the intention of carving a soprano neck...RH 68% temp 2 degrees C = 35.5 F .:wtf:

I switched on the heating and went back in the house:(...I'll go back in an hours time and see if it's warm enough to work.

Last edited:
Yes, winter's upon us fer sure.

Here in NJ, USA, today's high was 40 F, and by 1am most nights this past week it's down to 20 F.

I like this page for weather info: https://darksky.net/forecast/

The have free apps for your smart-device as well.

Bundle up! :)

I like this page for weather info: https://darksky.net/forecast/
They have free apps for your smart-device as well.

I find that for long range forecasts, Dark Sky is about as accurate (or inaccurate) as many apps or local forecasts. Where I find it truly excels is the short range predictions, which I think it must do from local radar and reports. There have been times that it has been relatively pleasant outside and the app tells me it will rain in 5 minutes, ending 10 minutes later. I think- "who are they kidding, that is way off" and sure enough in 5 minutes things change and it is raining.

I hear you. I went out today to carve a neck and my fingers were white with cold. Kinda took away my motivation to build ukes and I retreated inside.... By the way, I don't leave my glue (titebond regular) outside in the outside shop but bring it into the living room. I don't actually take the stuff to bed with me but I think about it. Glue gotta be room temperature. But I'm not gonna carve necks indoors. Obviously I need the indoor/outdoor shop. Ha ha ha.

I hear you. I went out today to carve a neck and my fingers were white with cold. Kinda took away my motivation to build ukes and I retreated inside.... By the way, I don't leave my glue (titebond regular) outside in the outside shop but bring it into the living room. I don't actually take the stuff to bed with me but I think about it. Glue gotta be room temperature. But I'm not gonna carve necks indoors. Obviously I need the indoor/outdoor shop. Ha ha ha.

If a bachelor, and as usual just eating over the kitchen sink, what good is the kitchen table for, other than a work bench for your projects?

If married - I am sorry that this privilege has been revoked. :)

If a bachelor, and as usual just eating over the kitchen sink, what good is the kitchen table for, other than a work bench for your projects?

If married - I am sorry that this privilege has been revoked. :)

Ha ha! I can't say I've never done that!

I have run a fair number of tops through my home built drum sander with the temperature hovering above the 0 C mark in only a pair of shorts. Mind you, I have a condition where wearing clothes can hurt. With the choice of hurting or being cold I took cold. You get used to it.

Sometmes I find it nice to do less dusty.or smelly tasks like screwing on the tuners and strimging up /adjusing the action in the kitchen or even on the sofa next to my wife. It makes a happy medium between "Abandoning me to go play in that garage of yours" and "What the F do you think you are doing, making that mess in the house? ... If that dust gets in my pianno.....". As long as the dishes are in the dishwasher and the kitchen has been cleaned that is.

Happy wife, happy life.

Top Bottom