New models from Romero Creations?

Waiting for a Tiny Baritone.... but sure it's very low priority. However, I hope they consider it! :)

bratsche

Waiting for a Tiny Baritone.... but sure it's very low priority. However, I hope they consider it! :)

bratsche

"Tiny Baritone" as much an oxymoron as "Jumbo Soprano" :p

But they did use the Tiny Tenor body for their newTiny Tenor Guilele so anything is possible.

Last edited:
RC is doing some great things. Recently picked TT solid top tenor and I love it. Good job Romero Creations. I really like what you are doing.

"Tiny Baritone" as much an oxymoron as "Jumbo Soprano" :p

To clarify (if necessary), I just meant a scaled-up TT - i.e., a baritone scale uke the length of a tenor.

Not that I'd buy one, but I'd wait for someone here to take the plunge, then say "no, thanks" and sell it to me at a discount in the marketplace. ;)

Romeros are nice, but out of my league price wise, and I only buy instruments (as well as many other things) pre-owned, just on general principle.

bratsche

To clarify (if necessary), I just meant a scaled-up TT - i.e., a baritone scale uke the length of a tenor.

Not that I'd buy one, but I'd wait for someone here to take the plunge, then say "no, thanks" and sell it to me at a discount in the marketplace. ;)

Romeros are nice, but out of my league price wise, and I only buy instruments (as well as many other things) pre-owned, just on general principle.

bratsche

If they made it, I would probably buy it, bratsche. Of course only if they offered it in the overseas version (my wallet would not allow the premium version). Thing is, I probably wouldn't be selling it though :)

The price point of the replica makes it a solid contender when looking at intermediately priced ukes. Can wait to hear more samples and reviews on them.

For those of you that own the TT or the XS soprano, what hard case do you use? Seems like it would be harder to find a hard case for these ukes.

For those of you that own the TT or the XS soprano, what hard case do you use? Seems like it would be harder to find a hard case for these ukes.

The RC case that came with mine is very sturdy. Canvas covered over plastic molded case and zippered. I use it the most. I also have a Crossrock blow molded ABS hard case (Tenor sized) with a padded block at the bottom to compensate for the shorter body of the TT. But, Use the RC case most of the time. The RC case is thicker but shorter by a small amount.

I managed to find a Stagg pineapple soprano case and the XS Soprano fits in that perfectly.

The RC case that came with mine is very sturdy. Canvas covered over plastic molded case and zippered. I use it the most. I also have a Crossrock blow molded ABS hard case (Tenor sized) with a padded block at the bottom to compensate for the shorter body of the TT. But, Use the RC case most of the time. The RC case is thicker but shorter by a small amount.
Is it sufficient for long term storage with a humidifier? I live in a dry climate, with AC in the summer and forced air heat in the winter. All of my ukes live in hard cases with 2 humidifiers per case in the winter & 1 in the summer.

Is it sufficient for long term storage with a humidifier? I live in a dry climate, with AC in the summer and forced air heat in the winter. All of my ukes live in hard cases with 2 humidifiers per case in the winter & 1 in the summer.

I would say yes. I use an Oasis inside the sound hole with this case.

I emailed & got a response from Pepe Romero today. The solid top/laminate body concert ST will be out in the summer. I will be patient and wait for this to come out as a possible camping uke for the future.

Raftergirl, I jUst purchases a solid top Tiny Tenor three weeks ago. Very impressed. You will love the RT version. Like most reviews on solid top TT, the spruce top really sings. The intonation on these ukes with compensated saddle is terrific. Tuning machines are really good. I like mine so much, I will probably get all solid wood , second TT. I really like the size, shape etc. I hope to play the new RT sometime for comparison but can’t say enough about TT now that I own one. . Love the portability of the TT yet tenor scale and sound. This is a great design.

For those of you that own a TT, what are the dimensions of the body? Length & width at the widest point. I believe the body of the new ST concert is the same as the TT. I'm trying to decide if the ST concert would be a good fit size wise to replace my soprano as my camping uke. My camping uke has to be a good fit inside my sea kayak.

Wonder about the TT depth, too. It looks in photos on Elderly like the solid top laminate one is deeper than the all-solid ones. Wonder why they'd do that?

bratsche

Top Bottom