Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NU(FM)D: Lanikai LU21B Baritone

Default NU(FM)D: Lanikai LU21B Baritone

Hi folks,

I finally went over to the D side and got a bari. It's a Lanikai laminate mahogany, found used on eBay for cheap ($90 including shipping and gig bag)!

It has a minor bracing issue. The center back brace is coming unglued, so I'll need to fix that and I want to ditch the Aquila strings, but it has quite decent resonance. And, as you can tell next to the Makala concert, it's YUGE.

Not complaining at all. Tuners work fine, action's good, nice balance. I'll get the bracing fixed, restring it, add a strap button, and I'm ready to roll.

IMG_3327.jpg
    KoAlana KCA- 0010 mahogany concert <VBG> Ohana CK-50WG concert (solid cedar top, willow back/sides) Ohana SK-35G solid mahogany gloss finish soprano Fluke natural concert <BG> Firefly maple concert banjolele <yee-haw!> Koa soprano Flea Islander MAT-4 spalted maple tenor Makala MK-CE concert Lanakai LU-21 baritone

Raleigh Uke Jam:

My YouTube page

nice! i love a bari! have fun with it, i look forward to hearing it in action!

Congratulations Hendulele
    All the best,
    Campbell

That's easy to fix (: Glad you found a good deal.

Lynda: Thanks! It's fun. I'll probably mess around with it some before sending it out for the bracing fix.

Campbell: Thank you! I'm very pleased so far.

Janet: Your video sold me. I'm delighted to get the Lanikai for such a good price.
    KoAlana KCA- 0010 mahogany concert <VBG> Ohana CK-50WG concert (solid cedar top, willow back/sides) Ohana SK-35G solid mahogany gloss finish soprano Fluke natural concert <BG> Firefly maple concert banjolele <yee-haw!> Koa soprano Flea Islander MAT-4 spalted maple tenor Makala MK-CE concert Lanakai LU-21 baritone

Raleigh Uke Jam:

My YouTube page

Congrats Hendulele!
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

Congrats!

I have one of these too. It was actually sent to me for free by a wonderful and generous UU member who was thinning the herd.

It is at least a few yrs old and sounds/plays wonderful, but I've not settled on strings yet and have some intonation issues.

I may actually convert mine to a fretless (remove the frets and fill the slots with veneer strips as is commonly done) just to see what it's like to play a fretless uke.
    Just the FAQs __________less is more

Bari’s are tons of fun, Congratulations!

Thanks, Nickie, Booli, and Osprey!

Raleigh Uke Jam:

My YouTube page

Love the sound of my baris, just have a problem with the stretch, hopefully, you'll be OK.
    (I put Living Water strings on my cedar top.)
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.
    Formerly known as uke1950.

Thread Information