The new Aquila Sugar ukulele strings are here

Looking forward to giving them a try. Thanks for all you do to continue developing new strings, Mimmo.

I really want to try these!

Mimmo i wonder if you could advise me on the strings suitability for bending mainly the E and A strings ?
Regards Dave

Hi Mimmo, congrats on your new product.
Can you tell me if the diameter is any different from your Aquila whites and Lavas?

Hi Guys...
Frigilana sorry, I have not well understand your question (my english maybe).
Gauges, tensions etc etc: this new material was discovered one year ago here in Italy ( strange... Lol) and came from the sugar cane. the density is same of Nylgut so the gauges and the tensions are exactly those of the traditional New Nylgut/Supernylgut sets. There are however a few differences: this product is less stretchly than Nylgut. The sound is really incredible I never heard a such kind of sound. Ever. But I say that not because I want to sell a lot of strings (however honestly I hope that); I say that because I am still suprised. Very surprise guys. You can ask here in the forum to those fews that had the chance to try the first samples. Actually I have not understand why this material is so performant having the same density of Nylgut. Normally the rule is: denser the material brighter the sound. Here the density is not those of Fluorocarbon so what the heck happen? Mystery...

I'm waiting for the first 'sweet sound' remarks about these sugar-based strings!

Looking forward to buying and trying these new strings. We appreciate all the new innovative thing Mimmo is doing

Trying to order these from the link and when you click buy it takes you to another page that doesn't list the strings strange .

I'm looking forward to trying these string.
Thanks for developing them and just as much, thank you for being here on the forum Mimmo.

If anyone see a US distributor who carries these please post a link!!!

Just a question about the new plastic. Will it breakdown to Carbon, Oxygen and Hydrogen over time, or is it like existing plastics which take 100s of years to breakdown completely. maybe this is not know yet?

Or, if you need a sugar fix, can you just lick the strings? ;)

I'm looking forward to trying these out. I love my Aquila reds - Low G tenor. Looking forward to comparing them to the Sugars.

Top Bottom