The new Aquila Sugar ukulele strings are here

ah yeah, i remember,
I hope that some has already installed them and done a report.
Mimmo

To me the shopping link you gave above, is not working. Maybe my browser settings or something. I can't find sugarcane strings from it to add to shopping cart.

Last edited:
Any idea when these will be available in the US?

Strings by Mail responded to my email inquiry with this:

Yes as soon as the US distributor has them we will be getting them in.

ah yeah, i remember,
I hope that some has already installed them and done a report.
Mimmo

Hi mimmo, well when I received these, I also did not have a Concert to test them out, it's actually been this long before I finally have a Concert Uke.

So now that they are out, I figured I'll just buy a pack, but I will be buying some soon, in fact I'll contact StringsByMail and have them carry these in stock.

I'll keep you posted when I get some...

THANKS again mimmo, Happy Holidays! :shaka:

I just ordered two sets from Italy and so far I have not found anyone in the US who sells them. I know it will only be a matter of time BUT, I tend to be impatient sometimes. Who knows how long they will take to arrive. We shall see.

I just ordered 4 sets from Italy. Fancy! Looking forward to trying them. Might have to send a set to string master Booli for xmas!

Here is a link direct to the string maker, no middleman, you can order the strings right now or wait until someone else has them in stock. No doubt the Aquila company sends them on the same aeroplanes to your country that are used by the middlemen, and no doubt the people in your country who do the work of moving the strings around your country and through your postal system still get paid for their fine work.
https://aquilacorde.com/modern-instrument-sets/modern-instrument-products/7998/sugar/?lang=en

I've clicked on the link, but don't see them listed in the Shop when you click on Buy Now.

Aquila must have one of the worst sites on the Internet. Buying sugar strings, not a Chance! Click buy now and end up on another page . Seemingly no way to buy from them. And I use Aquilas exclusively! May as well just wait until a retailer has them in stock.

Aquila must have one of the worst sites on the Internet. Buying sugar strings, not a Chance! Click buy now and end up on another page . Seemingly no way to buy from them. And I use Aquilas exclusively! May as well just wait until a retailer has them in stock.

Totally agree with this. What Eddie experienced is exactly what happened to me from day one. I gave up.

Thanks, EDW. If you click on this link, the Tenor strings (both High G and Low G) have a Read More vs. a Buy Now button. There is no way to add them to the cart. I've created a few websites (Hive Ukuleles, Ono Ukes) and I can say Aquila may make some nice strings, but their site is TERRIBLE. It's like nobody even bothered to check their work.

Thanks, EDW. If you click on this link, the Tenor strings (both High G and Low G) have a Read More vs. a Buy Now button. There is no way to add them to the cart..

Is it possible that they are not available yet in that size?

I ordered 4 sets from the the second link given in this thread on 12/6. They arrived from Italy to New Mexico on 12/18. Pretty good delivery time!
I ordered soprano high g and low G and the same for my concert ukes.
I have not had time to try them yet. In the meantime I sold one of the concerts that I intended to try them on. I play mostly soprano. Don’t give up, maybe try again? I won’t be able to report on sound, etc until after the holiday but I will report back. If I decide not to use the concert strings I will post on the marketplace.

Top Bottom