Salam from Canada!

Funtick

Reaction score
Aloha, Salam!
I am 52, tried to learn classic guitar 30 years ago (two years only); this year I bought classic Spanish guitar and tons of books... including tons uf Udemy courses... then I bought Yamaha Silent guitar to exercise securely & secretly in a basement, my wife didn't catch me yet... and then I bought cheap $100 Ukulele at Amazon, then Islander Guitarlele, KST-4, Kanile'a KPE T, Pono ASSD; all in just three months period. Crazy.

Ordered Pono Rosewood-Spruce Tenor but decided to cancel it and to scratch my Kanilea KPE instead!!! I just cannot keep it on a shelf, I am not collector.

I liked Soprano size and with my large fingers I don't feel it is small (Pono Super Soprano); this size is almost "pocket-size", I can sleep and play it.

Looking forward to buy Kanile'a Super Soprano Master-Grade or Premium, and I won't keep it on shelf neither!

I still use my Yamaha Silent Classic Guitar for "finger-gym": spider exercise, finger independence, and etc.; but to learn & music primarily Kanile'a. And I have Islander MST-4 (all-solid mahogany) which my wife knows about and which she thinks is $100-Uke (but it is $400 in Canada) - so when I play for family I still pretend to have cheap Uke from Amazon. Plus, my 1-year-old daughter always wants to grab it and already knows how to pluck strings and I am Ok if she breaks it :)

I am not liar; just having fun with some *golden* secrets ;)

Welcome to UU!

UAS doesn't usually strike so quickly, but lots of us caught it. ;)

UAS is also known as "Shiny Object Syndrome" (taken from self-improvement field: when one buys too many tools/books/guides instead of acting upon)

When I bought my Almansa 401 Guitar for about $430 I asked in store what is different with Almansa 439 (which costs 4x more) and the answer was that they all (Almansa from Spain) are basically the same manufacturer but differ in finishing only; but $6500 Alhambra sounded really loud in comparison... no difference between K-1 and K-4, only rosette? for me as a beginner I need learn to play music; quality of separate isolated sounds vs. musical quality; playability is most important including beginners - easy to learn high quality $1500 Kanile'a and even $150 plywood Kala (which has perfect factory setup) because of playability

No more "shiny objects" I promise! Maybe only Kaniela Master-Grade Soprano, or understated Kiwaya from Japan... or both... and Curly Walnut too!
;)

Top Bottom