Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTB Opio Sapele Tenor

I called the vendor, Cymbalism, and found out that they don't have any older models in stock. He said they order them from KoAloha as their customers buy them, so they would be getting whatever the current models are being shipped by the manufacturer. Bummer. So I'll keep watching here and the other online sources for one of the older models.

These "WTB" ads on the UU Marketplace Forum really work! I posted this request back in November. I followed up on the leads I got, but unfortunately couldn't find what I was looking for. Then, I got a message reply in February, but hadn't logged into UU in awhile so I didn't see it until yesterday. Turns out a dealer in Honolulu had gotten in an Opio Sapele Tenor in on a trade, and he had searched through the UU forum for a buyer. I was worried that it would be gone already, but fortunately he hadn't sold it yet. We finalized the deal last night and I am looking forward to delivery next week. I just wanted to share my positive experience with you all.

So cool, congratulations! My Sapele Opio Tenor might be my favorite player. Please let us know how you like yours when it arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakelele View Post
    So cool, congratulations! My Sapele Opio Tenor might be my favorite player. Please let us know how you like yours when it arrives.
    Thank you, and nice to meet another fan of this model. What brand strings to you use on yours? Do you have it strung as High g or Low G?

Quote Originally Posted by AmyDee View Post
    Thank you, and nice to meet another fan of this model. What brand strings to you use on yours? Do you have it strung as High g or Low G?
    I love the original stock strings from KoAloha. From what I understand, they are Worth Clear, all unwound, low G. If I have to replace the stock strings, this will be the set I'll use.
    Enjoying instruments by - Beau Hannam - Jay Lichty - Jerry Hoffmann - Luis Feu de Mesquita - Kala - Kamaka - Kanile'a - KoAloha - Ko'olau - Moore Bettah - Pono - Romero Creations - and others

Quote Originally Posted by Rakelele View Post
    I love the original stock strings from KoAloha. From what I understand, they are Worth Clear, all unwound, low G. If I have to replace the stock strings, this will be the set I'll use.
    Thanks for the information. I just ordered a set.

Goo to know you are getting your sapele Opio tenor.

I have the soprano, and love my Living Waters strings on it in high g.
    - Laura

Sopranino - Vintage 1930's Camp Uke (Birch)
    Soprano - Koaloha Opio (Sapele), Martin OXK (HPL), Brueko No. 2 (Maple), Kala ASOV -S (Spruce/Ovangkol), Vintage 40's Silvertone (Mahogany), Vintage 50's Harmony (Birch), Zither Heaven (1 Black Walnut & 1 Cherry), First Act Discovery (Plastic)
    Concert - Luna (Spruce top)
    Tenor - Outdoor Ukulele (Composite Polycarbonate), Mainland (Mahogany)

Thread Information