Boat-Paddle Figured Mahogany/Narra Wood M-Series Tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

warndt

Reaction score
These M-Series Boat-Paddle ukuleles rarely come up for sale. Here is my Mahogany/Narra Wood Boat Paddle M-Series tenor. Narra Wood back and sides with a nicely figured mahogany top. The M-Series body contributes to the wonderful, full sound with excellent projection and sustain. It is currently strung with 4-strings with a low G. I just haven't changed it back to five strings after recently experimenting with it as a four. IMO, it plays nicely either way so it is a plus to have that flexibility. It is a gorgeous ukulele and will be a very hard one to let go.

As pictured, the label shows the build date as Sept. 2011.

Here are the specs:

Five-string Uke
Open tuner headstock
Narra back and sides
Figured mahogany top
Mahogany neck
Rosewood fret-board and bridge with side markers
Bone nut and saddle
Pinned nut
Grover nickel plated open headstock tuners
Natural finish

There are no dings or scratches, and very minimal play wear if any.

I am not set up to provide sound clips at this time, however being a BP, you can be assured that Jerry Hoffman has built a sweet sounding, well crafted instrument. He is quite the innovator!

*No case, however, it will be double boxed for added protection during shipment.*

Only selling due to my decision to move into a much smaller house.

SOLD! THANKS UU !!

Attachments

• BP-1.jpg
    BP-1.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 456
  • BP-2.jpg
    BP-2.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 113
  • BP-4.jpg
    BP-4.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 116
  • BP-5.jpg
    BP-5.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 138
  • BP-6.jpg
    BP-6.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
More Pictures:

Attachments

• BP-7.jpg
    BP-7.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 48
  • BP-8.jpg
    BP-8.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 45
  • BP-9.jpg
    BP-9.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 29
  • BP-10.jpg
    BP-10.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 46
  • BP-11.jpg
    BP-11.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 46
Ukulele comes with a humidifier, Polishing Cloth and an extra set of strings which are also included at this price.

These M-Series Boat-Paddle ukuleles rarely come up for sale. Here is my Mahogany/Narra Wood Boat Paddle M-Series tenor. Narra Wood back and sides with a nicely figured mahogany top. The M-Series body contributes to the wonderful, full sound with excellent projection and sustain. It is currently strung with 4-strings with a low G. I just haven't changed it back to five strings after recently experimenting with it as a four. IMO, it plays nicely either way so it is a plus to have that flexibility. It is a gorgeous ukulele and will be a very hard one to let go.

Here are the specs:

Five-string Uke
Open tuner headstock
Narra back and sides
Figured mahogany top
Mahogany neck
Rosewood fret-board and bridge with side markers
Bone nut and saddle
Pinned nut
Grover nickel plated open headstock tuners
Natural finish

There are no dings or scratches, and very minimal play wear if any.

I am not set up to provide sound clips at this time, however being a BP, you can be assured that Jerry Hoffman has built a sweet sounding, well crafted instrument. He is quite the innovator!

Will be shipped in a vintage chipboard mandolin case for added protection.

Only selling due to my decision to move into a much smaller house.

$1050.00 Shipped CONUS.

That's a beautiful Boat Paddle at a very good price. I don't know that I've ever seen a 5-string, slotted headstock BP before.
Very tempting.

attachment.php

Doc_J,

Hey Hodge, I've never seen a 5-string, slotted headstock BP before either. This one was originally purchased at a uke festival directly from Jerry Hoffman.

It also makes me wonder how many of these slotted/five strings Jerry ever made...and if he ever did make any more than just this one.

This uke definitely has the classic Boat-Paddle/Hoffman Ukulele mojo going on! If I had the room, it would not be for sale!!

Thanks a bunch for chiming in....

Wm.

Last edited:
This is a really good deal on a great uke.

Last edited:
$950 Delivered CONUS!

Hoffman Tenors now start out at $1800.00!!

This is an exceptionally good deal on a great uke.

Comes with a humidifier, an extra package of strings and a polishing cloth.

*No case, however, it will be double boxed for added protection during shipment.*

As pictured, the label shows the build date as Sept. 2011.

Last edited:
Really surprised this hasn't found a new home. What is the build date on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom