FS Pono UL4-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

DownUpDave

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Up for sale is my Pono UL4-20 steel string big baritone/ small tenor guitar. This model has a solid cedar top and solid mahogany back and sides. Lovely ebony radiused finger board, 1-3/8" wide at the nut. It comes with an installed LR Baggs 5.0 pick up. This instrument was purchased new from HMS where the pick up was installed as well. It comes with the HMS supplied Koolau/Pono hardcase that fits like a glove.

This instrument plays very easy and sounds great, the pick up REALLY gives this a whole new dimension. It is in very good shape and has not had much play time. There are three or four very very small indents on the cedar top below the bridge which is typical. The back of the headstock has a small dent, see picture.

SOLD.......Thank you UU

20171120_155340.jpg20171120_155440.jpg20171120_155515.jpg20171120_155247.jpg15116088525311213446713.jpg

Last edited:
I have played this Ukulele and it is superb.

Fingerstyle on a steel string Uke is effortless and fun to play.

Pono build and a Uke that was well taken care of by our very own DownUpDave.

Someone is going to be very happy.

I just recently discovered what I think are the perfect strings for these instruments. It is a frankenset and increases bass, evens out the trebles while retaining a medium tension. The strings have only been on since I listed this and they sound much better then any other strings I have had on this.

I am really enjoying the sound of this. Buy it before I change my mind

Last edited:
What are the trings Dave? Would like to try them on my -40. I'm surprised this isn't gone yet. Mine is a favorite to play. The UL4 satisfied the longing for the steel string sound I had been missing.

What are the trings Dave? Would like to try them on my -40. I'm surprised this isn't gone yet. Mine is a favorite to play. The UL4 satisfied the longing for the steel string sound I had been missing.

I am close to pulling this ad, it sounds that good to me now. I will PM you regarding the strings.

That must be a difficult decision to let this one goes. I still remember how happy you were and it sounded so good!
Buy with confidence. Dave takes great care of his babies He is so fussy , you can count on him to pack it really well for shipping!
If I can play steel strings, this would be mine by now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom