Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aquila Sugar Strings - TEST

Quote Originally Posted by Ukulele Eddie View Post
    Thanks, Baz!

Neither of two go-to strings places in the US (Strings by Mail or Strings & Beyond) have these in stock as of yet. I've emailed them to find out if they will carry them and, if so, when they expect stock.
    Thanks for seeking this out - please post if you get info about expected availability - as these two vendors are my preferred at this time.
    Just the FAQs __________less is more

Aquila told me that they have only last week sent strings out to distributors. Distributors in the UK at least expect these to be with dealers next week. They've literally only just completed the first production run.
    4 Strings made of nylon, always put a smile on, anybody's face who's feeling blue....

The GOT A UKULELE REVIEWS DATABASE!

www.gotaukulele.com - uke reviews, songs, tips & tricks for beginners!

Help Support Got A Ukulele!

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Martin S1, Fluke, Flea, Kiwaya KTS-5, Pono MHD Pro Classic

How is the string tension compared to martin/standard aquila? Thank you!!

I never really know how to judge tension as I don't tend to feel differences. The gauge on these is more like standard Aquila, ie fatter than Martin
    4 Strings made of nylon, always put a smile on, anybody's face who's feeling blue....

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Martin S1, Fluke, Flea, Kiwaya KTS-5, Pono MHD Pro Classic

Caldogno, Northen Italy (50 Km far from Venice)

Hi guy
    some answers:
    Frigilana: yes, the can be bent very easily like Aldrine shows in the video (we,, the tension is not so high as on Fluorcarbon strings except the Martin F.)
    Gauges: yeah, it is hard to make all people happy. Some whant thin gauges, some hate thin gauges and viceversa. The gauges of these sets are same of those of our standard nylgut sets.

The sound of these Sugar is crazy. Why I say crazy? Because the are at the same time briliant (far over the fuorocarbon: we have done some scientific misurations so it is not just an opinion good for marketing); at the same time they are mellow: depend how you play them.
    The total output is a bit more than fluorocarbon (again: scientific misurations).

There is a little problem: the total full performances came out a few hours after the installation: to make this process faster I suggest to stretch them a few times.
    Ciao
    Mimmo

Ps: I am back home from a trip: we are doing our best to distribuite these Sugar in a fatserv way
    Last edited by mimmo; 11-27-2017 at 06:37 AM.

Thank you mimmo , can we buy them on your website ? they don't seem to be listed .

Caldogno, Northen Italy (50 Km far from Venice)

Thanks Mimmo - hope they do well for you.

Sorry mimmo but when i click Buy Now it just takes me back to the Homepage.

Hey Baz- Maybe you can post just the clip of the sound file and these strings along with the sound file of when you reviewed this soprano initially with other strings. It would be great to hear the two alongside one another.

(BTW- does it bother anyone else that the start of the reviews always begin with an electric guitar chord? It is jarring before hearing the mellifluous sound of the ukuleles.)
    Last edited by EDW; 12-02-2017 at 12:46 PM.

Thread Information