Season 302 - Bobs & Bills

A great Duke Ellington composition with lyrics by BOB Russell(no relative)

My third and final is by a Billie, this time Billie Holiday with a shortened version of 'Comes Love' ..........

Last edited:
What's this? Tuesday already, and nothing by Billy Joel? Time to put that right...

So, two days in, and I'm not even going to bother counting up the different Bobs & Bills.
I had intended coming up with a list of the ones I was expecting but who hadn't appeared yet. But now I'm not going to, because I am enjoying your own suggestions far too much.
Currently looking at 46 entries from 27 people. :shaka: Thank you one and all.

Here's a Billy you may not have anticipated. Billy Guy was with the Coasters and was the impetus behind the creation of this song.

I was fortunate enough to be able to rope in my long time pal Jimm Juback to take Billy's part in the song. We did our best to be stylin' during its creation. It's quite fun and I hope you like it.

Here you have Shoppin' For Clothes.

As I like the songs she does a lot, here is another take on a song of Billie Marten, this is my take on Out Of The Black.

Roberts or Williams are not allowed, nor any other variation on those names. If you are in any doubt about whether or not a possible artist qualifies, what does it say on the front of the record sleeve or the concert poster? If it isn’t one of the allowed names, they ain’t coming in.
Steve, If someone produces a 'Willy' or a 'Willie' will they be refused entry too ? :D:

Last edited:
One of my favorite "Bills" is Bill Withers...

Last edited:
Hello Steve,

I spent some time working this one out. Nothing in the web for this one other than a few covers.
Everyone at my house is terribly sick and I'm praying and playing my uke hoping not to get it.
That being said this is the best its gonna get with this one!

How about some Bob Hope :)

Here are two back to back. This was an unbelievable one take.......Daisy tried to ruin it for me!

Well, I spoke too soon. I forgot to knock on wood when I said I was playing and praying that I wouldn't get sick.

Here it is only a few hours after that comment and I'm getting the flu.
I was so hoping to get caught up watching but the bed is screaming my name!

Looks like getting three songs done today was the right thing to do but who knows how long this will hang around. Ill listen when I can :/

One from His Bobness, from the Soundtrack of Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid (see, I got a Billy in there as well)

Steve, If someone produces a 'Willy' or a 'Willie' will they be refused entry too ? :D:
i was gonna ask if steve wanted any willies............................. then i thought maybe i wouldn't ask after all!

ok i was flicking through this month's "best of british magazine" literally today and it has an article about billie davis, i never heard of her before but she's a brit singer, most of her songs are VERY swinging sixties, i found a more bluesy b-side to her "just walk in my shoes" single from 1966, called "ev'ry day", so here you go, thanks very much "best of british" mag for the most excellent timing!!!!!!!

Top Bottom