Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Season 302 - Bobs & Bills

so many wonderful songs, mate.
    thanks for the week Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by YorkSteve View Post
    Be careful what you wish for - we will probably be going back next year.
    Oh, YES PLEASE!!!!
    Walnut Flea Soprano, Eleuke Peanut, Rob Collins Soprano, Motu, Ukubidon, Gretsch Camp Ukulele, Tenor "Style Manouche", Hora mahogany Baritone, Roger Terry baritone, Sylvain Enjoubaut concert, Outdoor Ukulele (tenor), Ohana Vita, Ohana KA-6 (6-string tenor), DoudsandJo electro-acoustic tenor.

Quote Originally Posted by RAB11 View Post
    I don't know much about cricket although I do enjoy following the BBC live text during the ashes. Does seem odd that both Australia and England have decided to bat when perhaps they should have bowled in this test
    THe best cricket commentary ever when Brian Johnstone loses it over Jonathan Agnew's LEG OVER comment.
    Nothing better than a bit of British posh losing the plot.

HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

Thanks for all the kind words from you good people. The first teapot decoration has just been posted to Ukefoote. Still waiting to hear from Tootler and Greenie44 for their address details....
    www.365ukesongs.co.uk - 365 songs in 365 days, raising funds for SolarAid

Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander....Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor" ....Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box...all with Worth strings...and a few chords

Quote Originally Posted by YorkSteve View Post
    Still waiting to hear from Tootler and Greenie44 for their address details....
    PM sent.

I did have a folk song lined up courtesy of the Copper family of Sussex who were important for saving and publishing their family's songs. One of the prominent members of the family was a Bob. Unfortunately I ended up with less time than I thought I would have (aka life got in the way) and it needed more practice than I had time for in the end. I'll have to put it on ice for a future season.

Bobs and Bills are not very common in traditional song. William is but you banned that.
    Geoff Walker

I have several ukuleles in various sizes and am not planning on getting any more...

at least, not yet.

I also play some blowy things and a squeezy thing

Internet:
    You Tube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TootlinGeoff
    Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/tootlingeoff

Thank you for a fun week, Steve!
    My book website: www.jodilauborn.webs.com

Had no idea you got this out so quick Steve. Very fun week!

Congrates the the lucky ones
    Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Tootler View Post
    PM sent.

I did have a folk song lined up courtesy of the Copper family of Sussex who were important for saving and publishing their family's songs. One of the prominent members of the family was a Bob. Unfortunately I ended up with less time than I thought I would have (aka life got in the way) and it needed more practice than I had time for in the end. I'll have to put it on ice for a future season.

Bobs and Bills are not very common in traditional song. William is but you banned that.
    I was lucky enough to see the Cooper Family do a concert at our sons' school (in Sussex) .... it was an experience!
    Walnut Flea Soprano, Eleuke Peanut, Rob Collins Soprano, Motu, Ukubidon, Gretsch Camp Ukulele, Tenor "Style Manouche", Hora mahogany Baritone, Roger Terry baritone, Sylvain Enjoubaut concert, Outdoor Ukulele (tenor), Ohana Vita, Ohana KA-6 (6-string tenor), DoudsandJo electro-acoustic tenor.

Cheers for hosting this one Steve and congrats to those lucky subjects being bequeathed a royal teapot.
    It seems everyone's trying to play the ukulele like someone else............the only real way is your own way.

Thread Information