Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 302 - Bobs & Bills

Tonight I'll Be Staying Here With You - Bob Dylan

The Man in Me - Bob Dylan

A great Duke Ellington composition with lyrics by BOB Russell(no relative)

My third and final is by a Billie, this time Billie Holiday with a shortened version of 'Comes Love' ..........

Last edited by mythinformed; 11-28-2017 at 03:26 AM.
    It seems everyone's trying to play the ukulele like someone else............the only real way is your own way.

What's this? Tuesday already, and nothing by Billy Joel? Time to put that right...

www.365ukesongs.co.uk - 365 songs in 365 days, raising funds for SolarAid

Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander....Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor" ....Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box...all with Worth strings...and a few chords

So, two days in, and I'm not even going to bother counting up the different Bobs & Bills.
    I had intended coming up with a list of the ones I was expecting but who hadn't appeared yet. But now I'm not going to, because I am enjoying your own suggestions far too much.
    Currently looking at 46 entries from 27 people. Thank you one and all.
    www.365ukesongs.co.uk - 365 songs in 365 days, raising funds for SolarAid

Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander....Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor" ....Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box...all with Worth strings...and a few chords

Battling snowstorms, frozen satellite dish and power cut to upload another video, Steve ... bit of British "stiff upper lip" going on here!
    Walnut Flea Soprano, Eleuke Peanut, Rob Collins Soprano, Motu, Ukubidon, Gretsch Camp Ukulele, Tenor "Style Manouche", Hora mahogany Baritone, Roger Terry baritone, Sylvain Enjoubaut concert, Outdoor Ukulele (tenor), Ohana Vita, Ohana KA-6 (6-string tenor), DoudsandJo electro-acoustic tenor.

Here's a Billy you may not have anticipated. Billy Guy was with the Coasters and was the impetus behind the creation of this song.

I was fortunate enough to be able to rope in my long time pal Jimm Juback to take Billy's part in the song. We did our best to be stylin' during its creation. It's quite fun and I hope you like it.

Here you have Shoppin' For Clothes.

As I like the songs she does a lot, here is another take on a song of Billie Marten, this is my take on Out Of The Black.
    My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/xommen
    My soundclouds: https://soundcloud.com/wvommen, https://soundcloud.com/uke22live
    The band: http://www.uke22.nl
    My ukes:
    Soprano: Black Korala, Bach Spruce top, Mahalo Steel String Electric
    Concert: Epiphone Les Paul, Ohana CKS-15E, Makawao UK 40
    Tenor:
    Hudson HUK-T.
    Bass: Harley Benton Kahuna CLU Bass.

Roberts or Williams are not allowed, nor any other variation on those names. If you are in any doubt about whether or not a possible artist qualifies, what does it say on the front of the record sleeve or the concert poster? If it isn’t one of the allowed names, they ain’t coming in.
    Steve, If someone produces a 'Willy' or a 'Willie' will they be refused entry too ? :
    Last edited by mythinformed; 11-28-2017 at 09:58 AM. Reason: edit
    It seems everyone's trying to play the ukulele like someone else............the only real way is your own way.

Thread Information