Season 302 - Bobs & Bills

YorkSteve

Still strummin'
UU VIP
Reaction score

This week’s theme is about the name of the writer or performer. You can do any song which was written by, or performed by, someone with the following names –

Bob, Bobby (or Bobbie), Bill, Billy (or Billie).

And that’s it. Roberts or Williams are not allowed, nor any other variation on those names. If you are in any doubt about whether or not a possible artist qualifies, what does it say on the front of the record sleeve or the concert poster? If it isn’t one of the allowed names, they ain’t coming in.

For original songs, you can write a song about somebody with one of those names, or write a song with one of those names in the title.

A maximum of three songs per Seasonista please, so I can keep on top of it all, with ukulele to the front, although clever overdub stuff is of course very much allowed. New recordings for this season only please.

Starts at 00:01 Hawaii time on Sunday 26th. Ends at 23:59 Sunday 3rd.

Everyone who takes part will have their name put into the legendary hat of luck, and three very fortunate people will receive a small, seasonal, and very British prize.

The Playlist is here

Last edited:
We should hear quite a variety of artists, Steve. Great theme! (No Nick, I noticed ... :rulez:)

great theme! my dad's name is bill... i don't think he's ever written a song, i'll have to ask him. if he could write one for this week, maybe about himself ("bill", by bill), that would really (wait for it......................) that would really fit the bill :uhoh:

OK- I see six names there, and it reads three songs per...so you can keep up. I don't think you want us all playing 18 songs, so are we three for Bob and the like and three for Bill and the like?

Nice. So we can do that Bob Willis, cricket player/gospel country singer this week.

And that’s it. Roberts or Williams are not allowed

No Robbie Williams then? :rolleyes:

Edit: Can we do bands with Bills and Bobs in them?

Last edited:
OK- I see six names there, and it reads three songs per...so you can keep up. I don't think you want us all playing 18 songs, so are we three for Bob and the like and three for Bill and the like?

18? 6? Nice try, but the limit is three songs per Seasonista.

This is by Green Day. Their lead singer/guitarist is Billie Joe Armstrong, and this song changed my life when it came out. All 10 minutes of it

I'm off to amputate my fretting hand.

hope you don't mind Steve,
I doctored Brian's song from yesterday
cause it was recorded by someone called Bob.
it's jug band sorta stuff that, when I listened, reminded
me of one of my favourite old-school bands,
McKinney's Cotton Pickers and their amazing version of
"It's Tight Like That".
thanks for hosting the week brother, cheers.

Top Bottom