Season 302 - Bobs & Bills

Both of my attempts aren't perfect, but since this is my first submission (well, first two) to any online contest and I'm using a start and stop video recording software with no editing capacity, they'll have to do.

First up, "Ode to Billy Joe" by Bobbie Gentry, giving me a Billy and Bobbie for this entry.
Welcome to the Seasons! Great song choice for this Season. I was thinking of doing a Bobbie Gentry song as well. But it's getting late and the song title is a name so maybe I'll record it for next week instead.

Blue Velvet

I didn't see any Bobby Vinton songs posted this week. He didn't actually write this one but it became a #1 hit for him.

BOB Marley and the Wailers :p

I worked on a song by a Billy all week, too, but I never had time to record it :(

I imagine many will be familiar with The Rolling Stones version of this, and great as it is, Bobby Womack's original absolutely kicks ass imo. Bobby Womack is another of those artists I need to explore a lot more. Co-written with Shirley Womack, the original was produced by Sam Cooke. Sam apparently encouraged Bobby to let the Stones do a cover; they'd heard it, loved it, and it was right up their RnB street. Bobby was said to be reluctant at first, but once the royalty cheques started to come in he wasn't quite so bothered. The Stones version was released just a few months after Bobby's original and was their first number 1. I have not gone for a straight RnB feel, Well, I did at first, but then I thought I'd change the feel completely....just because I can :D

I actually learned the Stones covered this song after I had already heard it live - performed by the Grateful Dead.
I enjoyed your more plaintive version!

I recorded my song earlier, and forgot to upload it!
Sneaking in under the wire as usual...

Here is a cover of a Bob Dylan song.
When I first heard this song, it was being sung by a Bobby (Bob Weir) and Billy (Bill Kreutzmann) was playing drums. So here is my cover of Bobby singing Bob.

My Hawaiian watch tells me that Season 302 is OVER!! I need to check, but I think we reached 100 videos and 50+ Seasonistas. Thanks to all of you.

The wrap video will be along before you can say Bob'n'Bill.

Is there a record for the fastest ever wrap video? Just 31 minutes after midnight, Hawaii...

A fun week and a very timely wrap Steve. Thank you for your hosting.
We wouldn't have this thing that we do each week without a host.
Fate must have known how much I would have enjoyed a ROYAL teapot when it saw fit to overlook me.... Harry's recent engagement has been news over here ....sheesh... and England's cutting through us pretty well in the second innings in the cricket. Doesn't the Adelaide Oval look good on the tele with those lights on though. We have a reasonable lead and we should have enforced the follow on imho.

Last edited:
Yes, thanks for a fun Season, Steve and the speed of that wrap was truly impressive. I can only imagine how excited you all must be over there with the news of the royal engagement, Brian ... just about as excited as some of us are over here! None the less, I have to say that I should love to have won a jewel encrusted teapot.

Greetings,

It was much fun and great tunes this week. Sad to say I didn't get to listen to many but hope to catch up this week.

Ciao
Gina

Thanks for hosting Steve! I'm working up the courage to host myself one of these weeks.

Fate must have known how much I would have enjoyed a ROYAL teapot when it saw fit to overlook me.... Harry's recent engagement has been news over here ....sheesh... and England's cutting through us pretty well in the second innings in the cricket. Doesn't the Adelaide Oval look good on the tele with those lights on though. We have a reasonable lead and we should have enforced the follow on imho.
Now I know that, I really wish I had spent longer in the gift shop. I could have got you a cuddly corgi, or a calendar with pictures of William & Kate for every month...;)
As for the cricket, ALWAYS enforce the follow on. (At this point, our American friends are completely baffled and head off back to Season 303. Possibly others too)

Now I know that, I really wish I had spent longer in the gift shop. I could have got you a cuddly corgi, or a calendar with pictures of William & Kate for every month...;)
As for the cricket, ALWAYS enforce the follow on. (At this point, our American friends are completely baffled and head off back to Season 303. Possibly others too)

I don't know much about cricket although I do enjoy following the BBC live text during the ashes. Does seem odd that both Australia and England have decided to bat when perhaps they should have bowled in this test

jewel encrusted teapots - who knew?! very nice looking decs, i must say, that would grace any tree, including the queen's, she'd be mad not to snap some of those up!

super theme, and a great week, i also need to catch up on alot of the entries, am i getting old (that's a rhetorical question) or is it ever harder to keep up?! thanks so much for hosting :rock:

Thanks for an excellent season Steve. And congratulations to the three lucky winners. Sure to have the classiest trees in their respective neighborhoods.

Top Bottom