Season 302 - Bobs & Bills

My first post in the 300's... Really great theme this week. I hope future themes follow this example.

Joe and Jack
Barb and Sue
Mike and Mitch
Dave and Dave

AND I DID IT! (The satellite dish must have defrosted.) This is for a very special someone who is currently behaving like a total twit ... but to whom I would never actually "show the door". So pleased, Steve, when I found out that this had been performed by BILLIE Jo Spears as I have been wanting to have a go at it (however badly!) for ages. (Apologies for the "lone" red arrow at the end, which looks vaguely rude, but was actually the result of sloppy editing in the dark.)

Last edited:
Another Bob Mould tune. I'm also going to hazard a guess that this is that perfect pop song that Dave alluded to earlier. I think it's a perfect pop song anyway. But I'm not going to try and change anyone's mind either.

Hope that you're feeling better soon Linda.

Last edited:
Thank you Lynda. Ive watched this flu make its rounds trying to make the most strong week. I have to say this stinks! I was fine one minute and the BAM!

On the radio this morning they were extolling vitamin C and Zinc Acetate for the prevention of winter flu,
but you have to catch it at the onset before the symptons set in. I take vitamin C on a daily basis to keep
away the sniffles. Link to meta analysis on the use of zinc acetate for speeding up recovery from flu.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/05/170511095151.htm

Last edited:
Yes sir, that is the one. The best pop song ever written, followed very closely be our own Eugene ukulele and "Comic Book Writer" Very nice to see it here.
Another Bob Mould tune. I'm also going to hazard a guess that this is that perfect pop song that Dave alluded to earlier. I think it's a perfect pop song anyway. But I'm not going to try and change anyone's mind either.

Hope that you're feeling better soon Linda.

Well, I spoke too soon. I forgot to knock on wood when I said I was playing and praying that I wouldn't get sick.

Here it is only a few hours after that comment and I'm getting the flu.
I was so hoping to get caught up watching but the bed is screaming my name!

Looks like getting three songs done today was the right thing to do but who knows how long this will hang around. Ill listen when I can :/

Poor you ... and poor everyone else! Do hope you're all better soon.

And lest anyone should think I was jesting about the severity of our weather conditions at the moment, here is a photo I have just taken from our bedroom window. (Steve ... if you only KNEW the personal sacrifices and triumphs over adversity which were necessary to get this latest video to you!)

24059463_1625381144151194_1763010837092895631_o.jpg

I imagine many will be familiar with The Rolling Stones version of this, and great as it is, Bobby Womack's original absolutely kicks ass imo. Bobby Womack is another of those artists I need to explore a lot more. Co-written with Shirley Womack, the original was produced by Sam Cooke. Sam apparently encouraged Bobby to let the Stones do a cover; they'd heard it, loved it, and it was right up their RnB street. Bobby was said to be reluctant at first, but once the royalty cheques started to come in he wasn't quite so bothered. The Stones version was released just a few months after Bobby's original and was their first number 1. I have not gone for a straight RnB feel, Well, I did at first, but then I thought I'd change the feel completely....just because I can :D

And lest anyone should think I was jesting about the severity of our weather conditions at the moment, here is a photo I have just taken from our bedroom window. (Steve ... if you only KNEW the personal sacrifices and triumphs over adversity which were necessary to get this latest video to you!)

View attachment 104793

That picture gave me the willies! What kinda soup you got on the stove???

That picture gave me the willies! What kinda soup you got on the stove???

Oh, thank you, Trent, for turning this into a "civilised" exchange ... the soup was leek and potato, personally handmade by myself and absolutely delicious. Had it hours ago now, though, as it's almost evening here and time to be thinking about dinner (which will be chicken tonight, should anyone be interested.) Sorry, Steve ... where ARE you?

Guys, I had no intention of only doing one song this week. If I had known, I would not have chosen Achy Breaky. Anyways, life took an unpleasant turn this past Monday, and We’ve been in the hospital ever since with a sick baby. We’re hoping to go home today and maybe I can get a song in later this week, so we can try forget about Billy Ray.

Sorry, Steve ... where ARE you?

I was out at a Tom Russell concert last night. And if he turns up anywhere near anyone else here, I urge you to go and see him. His songs paint pictures and tell stories like nobody else. And he's funny with it.

But tonight I am back, and gradually getting through the backlog....

Top Bottom