Hello from France

Marart

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I will briefly introduce myself here before moving on to another thread to ask some questions :D. My name is Marie, and as the title of my introduction suggests, I am French. I got my first ukulele 1 and 1/2 year ago or so, because I wanted a hobby that would keep me busy without needing to stare at a screen, during the long Nordic winter (I wasn't living in France at the time). Today my ukulele is much more than that : it's my anti-stress during final week, it cheers me up when I'm down, and I love playing it with other people and jamming, even if that has happened literally less than 10 times since I started learning (there aren't many uke players around here, it seems). As you understand, I'm a casual player, neither complete beginner nor advanced, just enjoying playing for myself (and most likely my neighbors, too, gotta love the cardboard walls of student apartments :rolleyes:).

Welcome aboard. :)

The uke can be just for fun, or it can be as serious as you want it to be - for me, it was the first musical instrument that I actually managed to be able to play.

Welcome to UU Marart, lot's of good information and some very great people. Enjoy the ride!

Bonjour et bienvenue, Marie. Always glad to see fellow Europeans experiencing the joy of the uke.

Welcome to the forum.
What ukulele do you play?

Thanks everyone for the welcome messages :)
I currently play a Kala SLNG (a laminate soprano long neck), which is my first and only ukulele at the moment. Very satisfied with it, I think it was a pretty good choice for a beginner, because the fact it sounds good and feels good to play has kept me coming back to it, which might not have been the case with a really cr*ppy uke.
My only issue with my uke is that travelling with it in its not-so-snug concert-sized gig bag and flying (usually without said gig bag) are both tricky/annoying. The fact that I am currently looking for an alternative is actually part of why I signed up in the first place - but more on that in a more fitting part of the boards when I get around to finding some time to write :D

Your SLNG will fit into a Stagg soprano gig bag, it's what I use for both my long neck sopranos. :)

(I spent most of my first six months learning to play uke, using that particular uke.)

Last edited:
Hi Marie ... and welcome! (May I say, you speak brilliant English!) Whereabouts are you? I live in France, too, (although I'm a Brit), in the Limousin.

Top Bottom