Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Did I really make these one time?

Hi Craig! It's good to hear from you. From time to time I like to play play, "She's Still In Primer". Personal pleasure only - no royalties will accrue, sorry.

Best Wishes,

John Colter.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Howlett View Post
    Attachment 104737

This image popped up on my facebook page. I made these when I was crazy..
    Pete,

This is a beautiful instrument!

Quote Originally Posted by ukantor View Post
    Hi Craig! It's good to hear from you. From time to time I like to play play, "She's Still In Primer". Personal pleasure only - no royalties will accrue, sorry.

Best Wishes,

John Colter.
    Hi, John!
    Glad to see you're still kickin'. Cheers from Boston!
    Craig

lenoir.jpg as you can see, it is well played in.

Quote Originally Posted by craig l robertson View Post
    It's amazing what an insular world the ukulele world is. Yes, Pete did make me a wonderful ukulele, I guess I never "promoted" it the way he wanted me too. It is still one of my favorite instruments to play, but it is one of MANY instruments I play. I just released my 37th album. (craigrobertson.bandcamp.com) and the newest album coming out in January will be ALL UKULELE AND VOICE. Twenty original songs written on the ukulele. I'm a musician. I make music. It's odd that the "ukulele community" doesn't seem to understand that it's about the music you make, not the instrument you use.
    I think that there are many here that play and listen to other instruments and styles of music, although this is a forum to discuss a particular instrument.

My comment was reflecting on the fact that for a time your voice was heard on various uke forums, you played at ukulele events, ran a number of Ukulele events yourself (anyone remember Ukulele Noir?) and featured the voice of that instrument prominently on a number of releases. No slight or judgement was intended.

Quote Originally Posted by EDW View Post
    I think that there are many here that play and listen to other instruments and styles of music, although this is a forum to discuss a particular instrument.

My comment was reflecting on the fact that for a time your voice was heard on various uke forums, you played at ukulele events, ran a number of Ukulele events yourself (anyone remember Ukulele Noir?) and featured the voice of that instrument prominently on a number of releases. No slight or judgement was intended.
    No problem! It's true I'm not as active on ukulele forums anymore. I seem to prefer making music to talking about it lately...as I'm sure most of your performers know, it's hard to make a living just playing out anymore.

Also, stay off my grass!

Craig

It's odd that the "ukulele community" doesn't seem to understand that it's about the music you make, not the instrument you use.
    Its sad but the Uke community isnít unique in that respect, come to think of it many hobbies and activities are the same in that people buy all the gear expecting it to make then expert users. Daft, I think, but thatís marketing and human nature.
    Last edited by Graham Greenbag; 11-28-2017 at 08:33 AM.

No problem! It's true I'm not as active on ukulele forums anymore. I seem to prefer making music to talking about it lately...as I'm sure most of your performers know, it's hard to make a living just playing out anymore.

Also, stay off my grass!

Craig
    Yeah, certainly the business has gotten harder and harder over the years. There seem to be fewer opportunities out there.

It would be great to hear a little more from you. Your perspective was always appreciated. Perhaps you can drop by to let people know when you have new music or performances. I always enjoyed your music and likely would never have known about you if it were not for postings over at the Fleamarket site.

Quote Originally Posted by EDW View Post
    Yeah, certainly the business has gotten harder and harder over the years. There seem to be fewer opportunities out there.

It would be great to hear a little more from you. Your perspective was always appreciated. Perhaps you can drop by to let people know when you have new music or performances. I always enjoyed your music and likely would never have known about you if it were not for postings over at the Fleamarket site.
    Point taken. I will try to drop in with music and tidbits more often. I have two sites that I use for music postings: wordpress and Bandcamp.. Please feel free to drop in anytime.
    Craig....

Beautiful made Uke with many signs of being beautifully Used!
    -Timms Style 0 Soprano (2015)
    -Martin Style 2 Soprano (40's ?)
    -Martin Style 1 Centennial (2017)
    -Martin Style 1 Concert (vintage ?)
    -DH ULO #3 Soprano
    -DH ULO #11 Tenor
    -Ohana SK 35GS (BFF)
    -Cordoba 10-CM (1st!)

Thread Information