FS: Walnut Risa Tenor Stick with reshaped neck

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkwms

Reaction score
FS: Risa Tenor Stick with custom reshaped neck

Up for sale at $325- is a modified-for-easier-playability solid walnut Risa tenor stick. I had the neck converted to a more conventional "c" shape from its original rather squarish one by Todd at Portland Fretworks (and he did a beautiful job!).
Passive pickup undersaddle, zero fret, pearloid position markers on fretboard, side position dots, chrome strap buttons; gig bag with strap that converts to uke strap. I am the second owner. It really is a very nice instrument, but I'm just not the silent type.
The are exceedingly faint strum marks from the previous owner; I fingerpick. There is a tiny dent above the frets the size of a pencil point and one smaller one next to it. See the photo below, where they show up worse due to the angle of the sun.
There is $439- into this instrument, with the neck reshaping. Asking $325-. Buyer pays shipping, which should run around $20- or less. I recommend insurance at $5.80 as it is the Christmas cyber season. PayPal or USPS Money Order, please.
I shoot photos outdoors for best color, but at this time of year the noonday sun is a bit on the orange side. Be assured the wood is walnut. Yes there was a sign but the wind's blowing from the west up to 30 mph today so that sucker's probably somewhere in Ohio by now.

Ask for photo of the tiny ding on the headstock. I will email it to you.

Attachments

• Risa front 6W 200 ppi.jpg
    Risa front 6W 200 ppi.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 104
  • Risa front strap end 6W 200 ppi.jpg
    Risa front strap end 6W 200 ppi.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 98
  • Risa neck shaved 1 6W 200 ppi.jpg
    Risa neck shaved 1 6W 200 ppi.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 95
  • Risa neck shaved from top.jpg
    Risa neck shaved from top.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 89
  • Risa necked shaved serial number 6W 200 ppi.jpg
    Risa necked shaved serial number 6W 200 ppi.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
I'm curious. Did you see my posting last year about my RISA having the same surgery by the same man?

I love mine and did quite a write up with lots of pictures showing the work.

I hope the next owner is as happy as I am.

Best on the sale.

I got a tenor Risa stick. Waiting for my special headphone amp to arrive. They are fun but the neck is thick so this one should be much easier to fret.

This is the exact reason why an already modified neck is such a benefit on this particular uke. I found it uncomfortable before the mods. As far as I am concerned, if anyone is interested in a RISA stick, this is the way to go.

What is this still doing here? Pick it up and give it as a great gift. With the modified neck, it's almost a one of kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom