Santa Monica, CA - Beginning Ukulele class starts January 10, 2018

janeray1940

Reaction score
Hi all, I post this from time to time to help spread the word to those who might otherwise miss it. I got started playing ukulele with a class at McCabe's in Santa Monica, and it was so good that I actually stuck with it (I'm a lifelong quitter). That was over 8 years ago and I'm still playing, so I think that says a lot about the quality of the class.

Since it's the holiday season and some folks here may be giving or getting ukes for the first time and might need some guidance, I thought I'd share the info here. From the McCabe's website:
BEGINNING UKULELE

Ukulele - and serious? Can they go together? At first, you might think no. But then, when you see how ukulele has become a worldwide sensation, you might think again. If you want to have SERIOUS + FUN together, this is the class for you.

SERIOUS: This is not the repetative, same, three-chord exerience you find for free on the Interwebs. You will learn great songs in different keys, a variety of strumming patterns, and how to play scales and read tableture.

FUN: We'll have a great time exploring songs from the roaring 1920s to the swinging 1940s, to the rockin 1960s and beyond, with a slice of Latin and reggae on the side.

UKULELE = SERIOUS + FUN!

Steve Rose 8:00 - 9:30 PM Wednesdays, Jan 17-Feb 28,6 sessions) $160

PLEASE NOTE DATE CHANGE: the class starts on January 17, not January 10 as originally stated.

Last edited:
Top Bottom