Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 303 - お名前は何ですか?

a song by the Mountain Goats
    from the We Shall All Be Healed LP.
    Linda Blair was the child lead actor in The Exorcist.

This is another one-take wonder. I'm really not in the mood to redo it, so here it is, totally fluffed ending and all.

Quote Originally Posted by RAB11 View Post

Thoroughly recommend watching the seasons on your telly!
    oh gosh look! i'm not biased or anything but my ashbury bari looks sooooooooooooooooooooooo dreamy on the big screen!!!!!!! *swoons a bit!*

all riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

or rather, all wrong!

what can i say...

debbie harry - what a voice!

me - what a NOT a voice!!!!!!!

could absolutely not get the high choruses, despite starting the song waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down low in my boots. pooksville! never mind* it's still a great song!

"maria" by blondie

*i DO mind!!!!*
    lynda

Benji's post from earlier today reminded me that Weezer has a handful of name songs. I'm not even going to try the picking part to be able to post "My Name is Jonas", so here is the B-side to "Say it Ain't So", one of other singles from the Blue Album ("Buddy Holly", which Benji played so well, was another, with "Undone (the Sweater Song)" being the 3rd).

Andy

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
    ~A.W.E. O'Shaughnessy

"Mary Hamilton," or "The Fower Maries" ("The Four Marys"), is a common name for a well-known sixteenth-century ballad from Scotland based on an apparently fictional incident about a lady-in-waiting to a Queen of Scotland. It is Child Ballad 173 and Roud 79.
    In all versions of the song, Mary Hamilton is a personal attendant to the Queen of Scots, but precisely which queen is not specified. She becomes pregnant by the Queen's husband, the King of Scots, which results in the birth of a baby. Mary kills the infant – in some versions by casting it out to sea[1] or drowning, and in others by exposure. The crime is seen and she is convicted. The ballad recounts Mary's thoughts about her life and her impending death.

HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

paoriginal - Phoebe.
    Phoebe is our youngest grandchild. She's not two til May next year.
    Charlie is her sister and our oldest grandchild.
    Charlie is playing baritone ukulele and I am playing harmonica, tenor ukulele and singing.
    Ukes are not perfectly in tune.

Last edited by pabrizzer; 12-05-2017 at 08:17 AM.

Right, time for me to join in. Had so many songs I was expecting this week and so far only one of them has appeared. Here's another.

Don't think I've ever managed a decent falsetto while playing before. Some may say I still haven't.

Off to catch up again now.
    "Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

One from The Waterboys.

www.365ukesongs.co.uk - 365 songs in 365 days, raising funds for SolarAid

Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander....Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor" ....Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box...all with Worth strings...and a few chords

A fine old Irish song

Hi Ryan! I bring you "Denis", sung by a (very) ersatz version of Debbie Harry. Yes, it's official .... I'm mad!
    Walnut Flea Soprano, Eleuke Peanut, Rob Collins Soprano, Motu, Ukubidon, Gretsch Camp Ukulele, Tenor "Style Manouche", Hora mahogany Baritone, Roger Terry baritone, Sylvain Enjoubaut concert, Outdoor Ukulele (tenor), Ohana Vita, Ohana KA-6 (6-string tenor), DoudsandJo electro-acoustic tenor.

Thread Information