Season 303 - お名前は何ですか?

Hahaha it's been so long since I've posted that it took me longer to upload than play the song!! And then my camera is in old retro blurry rubbish quality mood! Gotta love some velvet underground eh? That's what counts

Here's another quick one from me.

They censor a line in the second verse on the radio nowadays and it really annoys me.

Edit: Uploaded the wrong take. Thanks for the comment though Sparky!

Last edited:
Cover of Chuck E's in Love just because I love this song

Quite a few mistakes but it's been a veeerrry long week, if I look shattered it's because I am!

Greetings,

I've missed all the vids and I feel really bad about that. But I have a few minutes, and a uke, and a song.

Ciao,
Gina

I've been working on this all week, off and on, and never could get it quite the way I envisioned it. Oh well. Lots of different people have put this poem to music. I remember trying to do it myself when I was a teenager. This is my cover of the version by Stevie Nicks.

This is for all those Sgt. Peppers out there. I actually have a cousin named Pepper. I don't know if it's her real name. We were close, huh?

I've always gotten a kick out of this cleverly written, yet scandalous tune. Been recorded many times.

just wanna make clear, this song is NOT about me. oh no. it's... um... about some OTHER person called lynda-with-a-y who has totally neglected her big old "things i must do immediately to keep on track, getting ready for christmas" list, in favour of just sitting around and plinking on uke and doing homemade songs with achingly bad rhymes for this season o_O

"lazy lynda"

Here is the Butterboxes version of my song 'Dave'
This time with some pictures.
I play soprano uke and sing
Jon does everything else - thanks my friend!

Here's a fun Little Jimmy Dickens song. This was a test of me playing my new Duke 10 banjo uke standing up.

Here's another from me. This used to be the only Nirvana song I could play convincingly on the guitar.

Done a bunch of takes on this struggling to decide which key to play it in, finally settled on the original key, but it still kicked my arse. Kurt Cobain wrote deceptively simple songs.

Tanya Tucker (from Seminole, Texas--where the heck is Seminole?) was only 13 years old when this song became her first hit, going to #6 on the U.S. country chart. And I was only 8. This and her song "What's Your Mama's Name?"--which would also be suitable for this week's theme--were among the first songs I ever memorized just from hearing them repeated on the radio. I had no idea at the time that she was only 5 years older than I.

She was supposed to record "The Happiest Girl in the Whole U.S.A.," but chose this song instead because she had heard Bette Midler sing it on the "Tonight Show" (according to wikipedia). "Happiest Girl" went on to become a major hit for Donna Fargo.

P.S. Seminole is in far west Texas, almost in New Mexico. It's also the birthplace of Larry Gatlin.

Top Bottom