Season 303 - お名前は何ですか?

a song by the Mountain Goats
from the We Shall All Be Healed LP.
Linda Blair was the child lead actor in The Exorcist.

This is another one-take wonder. I'm really not in the mood to redo it, so here it is, totally fluffed ending and all.

2jaxif4.jpg

Thoroughly recommend watching the seasons on your telly!

oh gosh look! i'm not biased or anything but my ashbury bari looks sooooooooooooooooooooooo dreamy on the big screen!!!!!!! *swoons a bit!*

all riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

or rather, all wrong!

what can i say...

:bowdown: debbie harry - what a voice!

:mad: me - what a NOT a voice!!!!!!!

could absolutely not get the high choruses, despite starting the song waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down low in my boots. pooksville! never mind* it's still a great song!

"maria" by blondie

*i DO mind!!!!* :mad:

Benji's post from earlier today reminded me that Weezer has a handful of name songs. I'm not even going to try the picking part to be able to post "My Name is Jonas", so here is the B-side to "Say it Ain't So", one of other singles from the Blue Album ("Buddy Holly", which Benji played so well, was another, with "Undone (the Sweater Song)" being the 3rd).

"Mary Hamilton," or "The Fower Maries" ("The Four Marys"), is a common name for a well-known sixteenth-century ballad from Scotland based on an apparently fictional incident about a lady-in-waiting to a Queen of Scotland. It is Child Ballad 173 and Roud 79.
In all versions of the song, Mary Hamilton is a personal attendant to the Queen of Scots, but precisely which queen is not specified. She becomes pregnant by the Queen's husband, the King of Scots, which results in the birth of a baby. Mary kills the infant – in some versions by casting it out to sea[SUP][1][/SUP] or drowning, and in others by exposure. The crime is seen and she is convicted. The ballad recounts Mary's thoughts about her life and her impending death.

paoriginal - Phoebe.
Phoebe is our youngest grandchild. She's not two til May next year.
Charlie is her sister and our oldest grandchild.
Charlie is playing baritone ukulele and I am playing harmonica, tenor ukulele and singing.
Ukes are not perfectly in tune.

Last edited:
Right, time for me to join in. Had so many songs I was expecting this week and so far only one of them has appeared. Here's another.

Don't think I've ever managed a decent falsetto while playing before. Some may say I still haven't.

Off to catch up again now.

Hi Ryan! I bring you "Denis", sung by a (very) ersatz version of Debbie Harry. Yes, it's official .... I'm mad!

Pabrizzer- I shared this on his Facebook page. I've messaged his wife but haven't heard back about how he's doing. Hope all is well.

Lke many others here on the Seasons, I had no idea of Tommy's current health status and why we haven't heard from him lately. I was able to get a phone number on him and gave him a call less than an hour ago. He is at home, but has to go in every Monday, Wednesday and Friday for dialysis from noon to 6. No internet capability while there. He is avoiding social media until he can get himself into a more positive mindset, but is trying to stay up with the Seasons' themes. He sends his love to all, and says the best way to reach out to him is by phone; +1 1 717 877 5804

He seems of good spirit on the phone, but it sounds like he is experiencing a lot of frustrations from a wide variety of medical explanations with differing opinions, etc. I told him I would post this update to the Seasons Forum page, and I'm sure he has no problem with the information being copied or relayed elsewhere, and I encourage anyone that knows him to do so. He very much appreciated being contacted, and is looking forward to hearing, "Where is Tommy?" - dd

I've been practicing it... Then I played it for Tiffany, whose response is below...

[video]https://media1.tenor.com/images/4cd6e8db7e1840a1bc0c3c07a3a6fd09/tenor.gif?itemid=3893048[/video]

Thank you for reaching out to Tommy and for sharing this, Dennis. We miss Tommy and look forward to hearing his songs and his stories soon!

Lke many others here on the Seasons, I had no idea of Tommy's current health status and why we haven't heard from him lately. I was able to get a phone number on him and gave him a call less than an hour ago. He is at home, but has to go in every Monday, Wednesday and Friday for dialysis from noon to 6. No internet capability while there. He is avoiding social media until he can get himself into a more positive mindset, but is trying to stay up with the Seasons' themes. He sends his love to all, and says the best way to reach out to him is by phone; +1 1 717 877 5804

He seems of good spirit on the phone, but it sounds like he is experiencing a lot of frustrations from a wide variety of medical explanations with differing opinions, etc. I told him I would post this update to the Seasons Forum page, and I'm sure he has no problem with the information being copied or relayed elsewhere, and I encourage anyone that knows him to do so. He very much appreciated being contacted, and is looking forward to hearing, "Where is Tommy?" - dd

I've always liked Johnny Tillotson, and I've always liked this song. Trying to hit the licks all the way thru on this was a challenge.

Top Bottom