Season 303 - お名前は何ですか?

Well that's me done for the night. Today might just have been the best in terms of quality, and it's had competition! 91 videos and it's only Wednesday! I knew this would be an open theme but I've only heard of a handful of the songs performed so far. Love the seasons as a learning experience.

Keep them coming folks!

Looking forward to seeing who wins the little competition between Rex and Trent too!

Here's a Jimmy C Newman song, written by Tom T Hall, for all the wonderful Linda's! And oh BTW, I am NOT in any competition with Ukuleleasaurus Rex!!!

I suggested to someone else that he do this one, but it was declined. So I'll have to do it myself, even though I can't possibly play well enough to do it justice.

a homemade song

from the BEV "i love a good rhyme, but i love a bad rhyme even better" song factory...

"marie (won't you come back to me)"*

*luckily next up i have another cover of a proper song i wanna do, which is good because otherwise the BEV song factory would probably just work up "simone (won't you come back home)", "madonna (when i first saw you i was a gonner)" and "tracey (you're awfully racy)" o_O

Moe Bandy was born in uh...Mississippi I think? But his family moved to San Antonio when he was quite young and he did his growing up there. His dad was also a musician, a trumpet player (again, I think?). Moe played in numerous little country bands as a teenager, then got into rodeo riding, both horses and bulls, for a few years, then went back to music and was quite successful at it. This is a song that was written for him by Lefty Frizzell. I like singing this song a lot, but I've never done it in public. I added some melodica to keep things moving.

Got the shout out, the names, alter egos...going with it. Telegram Sam. Whether T-Rex or Bauhaus, a song that just blows me away.

a pretty free (by which i mean wildly inaccurate :uhoh:) version of "jean", the theme to the 1969 film "the prime of miss jean brodie". (the song was originally written and performed by rod mckuen, and it was also a hit single for oliver.)

I've been wanting to do this Christmas song for years. It's by the Killers, every year they release a new one for charity, this kicked it all off I think though.

Not been able to give much welly for two reasons unfortunately:

1) I'm fighting off a cold
2) Nathan has been obsessed with Christmas basically since his birthday in October and I can't be singing songs about a murderous St Nick around him really.

P.S. Jon, where'd you go Mate?

Unbelievable. Really!

What a cool find. It had to have been Santa!

Sounds like a perfect pay it forward moment to keep the joy going!
Maybe a little something for sick kids at the Ukulele Kids Club https://theukc.org
In fact, this has inspired me to make a donation myself!

A perfect Paoriginal to go along with that find. Baby Moses is fantastic!

Good grief, the standard this season is terrifyingly high!

Oh well, I saw the theme, and then read a headline about a Storm heading for the UK so here's an original song:

Storm Caroline

Sparky

Last edited:
Top Bottom