Hi from the UK

Reaction score
Hi all,
Im from the allegedly sunny south coast of Britain and only picked up a ukulele in the last couple of weeks or so.

Ive absolutely fallen in love with it and I'm afraid my bass (my current weapon of choice) has been a bit neglected! Im hopefully going to buy myself a uke soon from my little local shop and itll either be a Kala or a Snail so ill post pictures as soon as i do.

This September I leave for the Merchant Navy so im wanting to learn the uke to pass time whilst aboard the ship so I shall also post my adventures with my uke and where we go.

Cheers,

Lloyd

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, fellow UK-er! 'tis winter here and no mistake!

welcome to ukulele underground and welcome to the world of uke

ukes are soooooooooooooooooooooooo much fun and so super-portable, if you're used to bass guitars the ukulele will seem like a tiny balloon so light it might fly up out of your hand and float away!

have fun, you only need a few chords and you're good to go

i've heard a lot of good things about snail ukes

looking forward to seeing what you get and hearing you in action sometime :music:

Hello from the Midlands UK!

Hello Lloyd, and welcome to the forum.
The ukulele will be your best friend on board.
Good luck and stay safe in the Merchant Marine.

Welcome! So glad that you found a nice musical companion to bring with you.

Thank you very much to everyone giving such warm welcomes! Currently I'm looking at a Kala KA-CEMG because the green stain is just stunning or maybe a Snail UKC-458 because of the tortoiseshell binding. When I get one I will also be building a custom hardcase for it so I shall document that as well for all of you.

Lloyd

Top Bottom