Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EBay

Default EBay

Does anyone use EBay much? I never have, and Iím a bit leary, but they got somethiní I want.

Whadaya think? Go for it or be safe?
    Kala "Spalted" baritone - Lo D GBD
    Kala tenor eight string - gG cC EE AA
    Gold Tone tenor banjolele - Hi-D GBD

Luna "Peace" concert - Lo-G CEA
    Flea "Red" concert - Hi-G CEA

Kala "Exotic Mahogany" soprano - Hi-A DF#B
    Mahalo yellow "Smiley" soprano (Dad's Day gift) - C
    Ka-Lai Pineapple soprano (old) gift - C

Thank the Lord for the memories about the good old days.

God gave us old age so we wouldn't mind dying so much.

Take a look at this thread http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...D-and-feedback

for some thoughts on what to look out for.

I have bought and sold things there. I generally look for someone with a track record, who seems to know what they are selling rather than the "I don't really know anything about this" approach. That sometimes can mean that if there are issues they will claim ignorance. I look for 100% positive feedback or if it is just under I will look to see what the reason was for the negative. I think that if you are careful and the seller seems reputable you are generally ok.

Just do it... Paypal sides with the buyer in most every dispute Ive heard of so you are safe.

Ive bought ukuleles tattoo machines and other goodies with great results. Bought a rust free gas tank once came with rust mentioned this to the buyer and they refunded all but $20 to me, and I kept the tank.

Buying from the marketplace here Ive had mostly awesome results like eBay, with eBay you're protected by PayPal.

EDIT: From my experience a sellers track record means little, I have pulled the trigger on a sale with an old seller with a great reputation to only have eBay refund my money three days later as the sellers account was compromised. Ive also bought things from new sellers with only a few sales with zero issues. Hell Ive even bought a few things from those with many negative reviews no troubles.

But instead of rambling or pointing you to others opinions on the subject here is the proof in the pudding! https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mp...y-and-security

Is it a ukulele? Tell us after you buy it.
    Last edited by Inksplosive AL; 12-04-2017 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Marked
    This space reserved for a smart or witty comment or a famous quote. It may also be used to promote my accomplishments should I ever accomplish anything worth sharing.

I've bought and sold on Ebay alot.
    Selling is no fun.
    As for buying, especially instruments, a knowledgeable seller is the only ones I buy from.
    Communication is the key ask questions and if anything goes wrong you have a record.
    Playing my Magic Fluke and grinning like a fool!

I buy from eBay all the time, but do check their record. So far I've never had a problem if I had to return or get a refund.

ē Member The CC Strummers: https://www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos
    ē Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, provide ukuleles to kids in hospital music therapy programs.

I've used Ebay many times and often go there to try and find good deals. Look for the sellers with high ratings. I tend to only deal with sellers at 98% to 100% ratings but I've gone a bit lower if the deal is really good and I really want the item. I've been buying there for years and I've only encountered 2 or 3 bad eggs but I got my money back through Ebay purchase protection. Ironically, I have an outstanding purchase right now that I will have to file for a refund through Ebay when the (non)delivery window expires. I went against my own rules and rolled the dice but this time it went against me. I don't have any fear that I won't get my money back via Ebay.
    Lanikai LU-21C concert - nato laminate (my starter uke!)
    Ohana CK-42R concert - solid sinker redwood top, solid rosewood back and sides, maple binding
    Kala KA-FMCG concert- solid spruce top, laminate spalted flame maple back and sides, mahogany binding

Money can't buy happiness but it can buy a ukulele which is basically the same thing.

My last purchase from eBay was an older ukulele - the pictures dod not show a repaired crack on one side. I negotiated a reduction in price and had it fixed and am content. Just be savvy, careful and be realistic. Another I bought was declared as coming apart - paid $15 - glued it back together and gave it to someone wanting to learn. We were all happy.
    I have many years of working with Ebay and am content. These days there are more stores and professional sellers than in the old days. Some judicious correspondence can reveal a lot. There is an instrument that I really would like and the seller is clearly worth buying from, but in the end I have bought what I really wanted from a UU member.
    Take your time - look on Reverb and the Flea Market Market site.
    Martin c. 1934
    Martin OXK
    Kamaka pineapple gold label - 1950s
    Mele pineapple - koa and mahogany - modern
    Kamaka tenor - 2002
    Mele, Braddah tenor 1990s
    Slingerland banjolele Maybell - 1920s

Quote Originally Posted by Down Up Dick View Post
    Does anyone use EBay much? I never have, and Iím a bit leary, but they got somethiní I want.

Whadaya think? Go for it or be safe?
    Iíve been using (buying off of) eBay for years and overall Iím very pleased with the results. Very occasionally Iíll get a dud but taking a problem back to the supplier and dispute resolution with eBay has always been fine. Iíd say that it compares very favourably with buying from a traditional store on line, in fact ebayís probably better. As with all things itís Ďlet the buyer bewareí but really itís no more so than anywhere else (well thatís been my experience).

On price do not assume that eBay is always cheapest, typically it is but definitely not always.

I suggest that you Ďgo for ití and believe that you will still Ďbe safeí.

I've lots of eBay experience, with over 300 items sold, including a half dozen guitars - all good so far. As a seller, there are now a number of pitfalls in which the seller can get scammed, with PayPal always siding with the buyer. But as a buyer, as long as you use PayPal you should have few worries.

Well, Darn! I was ready to pull the trigger, but now it’s gone. I guess I was just too careful. It was a 2016 brand new banjo that I’ve been looking for, going for half price. I think I lead everyone into thinking it was used, but it’s builder’s warranty was still in force—sorry.

Ahhh, well—no guts, no glory.
    Kala "Spalted" baritone - Lo D GBD
    Kala tenor eight string - gG cC EE AA
    Gold Tone tenor banjolele - Hi-D GBD

Luna "Peace" concert - Lo-G CEA
    Flea "Red" concert - Hi-G CEA

Kala "Exotic Mahogany" soprano - Hi-A DF#B
    Mahalo yellow "Smiley" soprano (Dad's Day gift) - C
    Ka-Lai Pineapple soprano (old) gift - C

Thank the Lord for the memories about the good old days.

God gave us old age so we wouldn't mind dying so much.

Thread Information