Maybe a KLOS carbon fiber ukulele in the works?

That's really funny, I was just thinking this morning I wonder if they make outdoor guitars like the plastic ukes ;) and there we go, answer supplied

Orca sound sample was posted in 2015 on the website? It's been two years so maybe we shouldn't hold our breathe for it?

I'm hoping the Klos Uke pans out. I would love to have a carbon fiber Uke under $500 considering the Klos guitar is $599...

I'm hoping for the same thing. I think a $500 carbon fiber tenor uke (admittedly with a wood neck) could be a big seller.

That's really funny, I was just thinking this morning I wonder if they make outdoor guitars like the plastic ukes ;) and there we go, answer supplied

Maybe you already saw this but Outdoor Ukulele is actually working on their new Outdoor Guitar. Sounds like they are planning to release it this year. They even have some prototype scemetic/blueprints on the Facebook pages (for both OU & their new Outdoor Guitar pages). They should be really durable. :)

Klos has posted a pic of the Uke!! only a couple more months they say. I think I will order one when available! Pricing should be less than the guitar for sure.

https://klosguitars.com/pages/ukulele

Uke_Front_Angle_Full_Gradient_bc0642ce-0815-4320-8ce3-b227e845957f_1000x.jpg

Attachments

• Uke_Front_Angle_Full_Gradient_bc0642ce-0815-4320-8ce3-b227e845957f_1000x.jpg
    Uke_Front_Angle_Full_Gradient_bc0642ce-0815-4320-8ce3-b227e845957f_1000x.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 1
^^ very nice!! Curious what pricing will be....

I'm hoping for the same thing. I think a $500 carbon fiber tenor uke (admittedly with a wood neck) could be a big seller.

Besley I just wanted to say thank you for starting this thread. I had signed up as an interested party when you mentioned it. I received notification this morning about the upcoming release. I asked if a radius fretboard will be available and am awaiting a reply. That will be the only deal breaker for me if it is not available but thanks again for informing us of this company

Besley I just wanted to say thank you for starting this thread. I had signed up as an interested party when you mentioned it. I received notification this morning about the upcoming release. I asked if a radius fretboard will be available and am awaiting a reply. That will be the only deal breaker for me if it is not available but thanks again for informing us of this company

I hadn't thought to ask about a radius on the neck, but I did get this in reply just today. I encouraged them to make strap buttons available.

"We're thinking we will make strap buttons an optional upgrade since many leisure players do not play uke with the strap pins.......mahogany neck and blackwood fretboard and bridge. Nut width is 1 3/8"..."

I hadn't thought to ask about a radius on the neck, but I did get this in reply just today. I encouraged them to make strap buttons available.

"We're thinking we will make strap buttons an optional upgrade since many leisure players do not play uke with the strap pins.......mahogany neck and blackwood fretboard and bridge. Nut width is 1 3/8"..."

I just got a reply from Adam informing me that they are introducing this with a flat fretboard only at this time. Very quick and thoughtful reply from this compnay. I told him of UU and your thread. Good call on the strap buttons as I am a devoted strap user.

Some time in June. (LOL September? Sorry. I’m still waiting for something that was supposed to be available in mid-December).

Last edited:
Klos just added several more sound samples of their new uke as well as a review on their YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2VIZcRfnLIOxsfnOPVvo-Q. I also found out that this uke will be available with Low-G. Klos will be doing a survey after the campaign closes offering a few options (including the Low-G, strap buttons, & I believe the carbon fiber stiffening rods). FWIW, they plan to specifically file the nut on the folks' ukes that will want Low-G so that it will properly hold the string. Nice attention to detail. :)

........I would be more interested if it was built to cut down absorption of sunlight so it wont get boiling hot in summer, and if it was all non-wood that wont warp when it gets hot. But the market for the product is North America, so I don't expect to see any versions which are made for any other parts of the planet.

I certainly agree that it would be nice if the KLOS were all carbon fiber, not a CF-wood hybrid. But if it were it would be closer to $1500 than $420, so I don't mind the compromise. As to the color, that too would be nice in white. But that again would add cost at a time when they are certainly trying to keep the price down.

Well, damn it. UAS strikes again. I just ordered the Klos Tenor deluxe acoustic electric. I keep telling myself, "you're not good enough a player to keep buying more ukes" Of course that does no good when you have UAS! LOL.

So who is looking at adding any of the options to their Klos? This will be my first Tenor size and I currently do not have strap bottons on my concert or soprano. I was also curious what everyone was thinking about the stiffing rods for the neck.

Sean

I would suggest going with strap pins on a tenor size. If you don't feel you need them they won't really be in the way - but if you do, they would be a bit harder to add later than as with a wood guitar. That's because they need to be through bolted, not just screwed in. (Just about everyone in my club who plays a tenor uses a strap.) As for the stiffening rods, it's probably unnecessary, but I plan to add them just because it seems as if it would help make the uke a bit more rugged, and could help make up for the neck being wood a bit - especially since there isn't a truss rod. I'm still a bit confused about just when we add the upgrade options, but I was told in an email that it would be after the campaign had ended.

So who is looking at adding any of the options to their Klos? This will be my first Tenor size and I currently do not have strap bottons on my concert or soprano. I was also curious what everyone was thinking about the stiffing rods for the neck.

Sean

I would suggest going with strap pins on a tenor size. If you don't feel you need them they won't really be in the way - but if you do, they would be a bit harder to add later than as with a wood guitar. That's because they need to be through bolted, not just screwed in. (Just about everyone in my club who plays a tenor uses a strap.) As for the stiffening rods, it's probably unnecessary, but I plan to add them just because it seems as if it would help make the uke a bit more rugged, and could help make up for the neck being wood a bit - especially since there isn't a truss rod. I'm still a bit confused about just when we add the upgrade options, but I was told in an email that it would be after the campaign had ended.

Yep, what @besley said. I would definitely recommend the strap buttons for the same reasons (not in the way and much harder to add afterwards) and I'm also considering the stiffening rods. It's probably fine without but since I've invested in the unit, I might as well be sure it's a durable as possible. I don't want to wish I had done that later on. ;) Plus, I'm not planning to add a bunch of other ukes to my stash so I want to make sure it's as durable as I can (I know, UAS is definitely REAL! But I'm planning to resist...).

Top Bottom