Maybe a KLOS carbon fiber ukulele in the works?

Yep, what @besley said. I would definitely recommend the strap buttons for the same reasons (not in the way and much harder to add afterwards) and I'm also considering the stiffening rods. It's probably fine without but since I've invested in the unit, I might as well be sure it's a durable as possible. I don't want to wish I had done that later on. ;) Plus, I'm not planning to add a bunch of other ukes to my stash so I want to make sure it's as durable as I can (I know, UAS is definitely REAL! But I'm planning to resist...).

Glad I am not the only one who is thinking "Ive got this much invested...."

I think I will follow the lead you two have set and also upgrade these two parts. I thought about low G, but dont think I want to go that way now. That would be an easier change to make later than strap button or stiffening rods.

Now lets just hope that is not a ton more.

I'm not so sure about needing a strap on this thing. CF is so lightweight and these ukes weigh in at 1.4lbs to 1.8lbs and the size of a tenor body makes it easy to hold or rest on your thigh if you are sitting. I would also think, being CF, squeezing it with your forearm to hold it won't affect the sound very much.
Thoughts?

Now, I admit to having 3M Command strip hooks on my ukes (no strap buttons) and occasionally use a strap if I am standing.

If you guys are ordering the Klos. What strings are you going to try? Like any uke, the strings will have a big effect on the sound. I'm thinking a good match would be Romero set with a wound low G or a Worth brown low-G set.

Top Bottom