Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trouble Finding Aquila Super Nylguts in USA?

Quote Originally Posted by DownUpDave View Post
    Aquila Carbon Black are a good baritone string. My standby go to baritone sets are either Martin M630 or D'Addario Titanium, both great sounding strings on a number of different baritones.
    I have tried both and agree with Dave. I recently put Living Waters on my Cedar topped Baritone and love the sound, although the tension is noticeably different between the D and E strings. Might have to go back to some wound strings for the D and G strings.

Quote Originally Posted by DownUpDave View Post
    Aquila Carbon Black are a good baritone string. My standby go to baritone sets are either Martin M630 or D'Addario Titanium, both great sounding strings on a number of different baritones.
    I've been thinking about trying D'addario Titaniums on my baritone. Both my tenor and baritone came with Aquila super nylguts, and I like the tension on the baritone. Much easier to play than on my tenor. I'd never heard of the carbon blacks till this thread, and I can't get them locally, so will have to order online. I'll be trying Fremont black fluorocarbon on my tenor. I'm looking forward to a lighter tension.
    Tenor: Kala solid mahogany, KA-SMHT
    Baritone: Kala solid cedar top acacia, KA-ABP-CTG

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    I have tried both and agree with Dave. I recently put Living Waters on my Cedar topped Baritone and love the sound, although the tension is noticeably different between the D and E strings. Might have to go back to some wound strings for the D and G strings.
    Yes, I'll be sticking with wound G and D on baritone. Thx!
    Tenor: Kala solid mahogany, KA-SMHT
    Baritone: Kala solid cedar top acacia, KA-ABP-CTG

Thread Information