NUD: Kinnard Series 2 Spruce & Rosewood Tenor

Camsuke

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to purchase another wonderful John S. Kinnard instrument recently, and couldn't be happier. This is the Series 2 model tenor which is designed as a players model, beautifully built using the finest materials but not overloaded with bling. The craftsmanship that goes into these instruments is truly outstanding.

Here are the specs;
Indian rosewood back and sides
Sitka spruce top
Gloss finish
Mahogany neck
Side sound port
Herringbone rosette
Radius rosewood bridge and fretboard
Ivoroid bindings
Rosewood faceplate
Gotoh UPT tuners
Fretmarkers
Bone nut and saddle

Attachments

• DSCN1806.jpg
    DSCN1806.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 55
  • DSCN1810.jpg
    DSCN1810.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 49
  • DSCN1815.jpg
    DSCN1815.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 52
  • DSCN1813.jpg
    DSCN1813.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 47
Congrats, Campbell. You sure make it sing sweetly!

Sweet sounding tenor Campbell. Excellent addition !

Last edited:
Beautiful tone, and sustain!

Very nice Congrats!

Sounds and feels like Spanish Flamenco... :)

Campbell, congrats on the Kinnard. They are so fine, I'm not surprised at all you went for another. It has often crossed my mind to do the same one day. That spruce top is a beauty and I love how it brightens the sound to my ear.

In case anyone admiring Campbell’s might be interested and given it is also spruce/EIR, I should’ve mentioned that Shawn at Ukulele Friend has a previously owned Kinnard Series 2 with some upgrades for $1,800. I played it when I visited his showroom and thought it was quite a good value.

Wonderful! Beautiful playing on a such a well crafted instrument!

Another beautiful Kinnard, Campbell. And as always, you bring out the best in it. Your NUD videos make playing the ukulele look so effortless and easy, but the rest of us know that is not necessarily the case. Well done!

Another beautiful Kinnard, Campbell. And as always, you bring out the best in it. Your NUD videos make playing the ukulele look so effortless and easy, but the rest of us know that is not necessarily the case. Well done!

Can't say it any better than Dana said it.
Very happy for you mate.

Congrats! Very even and focused tone with sweet subtle overtones. Nice arrangement and excellent playing!

Wow, beautiful playing on a beautiful instrument! I love the understated elegance of that ukulele!

Congratulations Campbell. It really is beautiful in appearance and sound, hope it keeps you happy for a long time.

Very classy, Campbell! Congrats.

Congrats Cam. Great sounding and looking instrument. I’d love to play a Kinnard one day.

Top Bottom