Long Neck Concert in Australian Blackwood - Picture Set

BR Ukuleles

Reaction score
I have some really amazing Blackwood stashed away that I wanted to use on a instrument that I would build for stock. Just so I didn't have a client placing any expectations or restrictions on what I wanted to do.

This one has been a complete delight to build. Where everything just fell into place. It was like the timber was waiting to be an instrument.

Blackwood Long Neck Concert7.jpgBlackwood Long Neck Concert8.jpgBlackwood Long Neck Concert6.jpgBlackwood Long Neck Concert13.jpgBlackwood Long Neck Concert15.jpg

Lots more pictures on my website.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my opinion, every instrument you build is a thing of beauty: this one I really love. I wish I had a stash of Blackwood.

That is the most beautiful uke I have seen. Beautiful craftsmanship utilizing the beauty that nature provides. Wish I could pick this uke up.

Wow, what a beauty .... I wouldn't have chosen abalone for the soundhole rosette but that's just me :)

Drop dead gorgeous - well done

Wow, what a beauty .... I wouldn't have chosen abalone for the soundhole rosette but that's just me :)

I would have chosen abalone for the rosette, apparently so would Allan.........you are out numbered;)

It looks great in every way shape and form, just fabulous

Drop dead gorgeous as usual Allen.

Wow, Allen, what striking wood patterns. I've never seen a blackwood uke in person, but the photos look really nice. I sure wish I could afford a uke like this! Even the headstock design is unique.

Top Bottom