Season 304 Happy Birthday...

Tootler

Reaction score
No intro video this time, sorry. I intended to book next week but had booked this week by mistake. Oh well! My chosen theme still fits, fortunately.

It's my birthday next Sunday, so the theme is related. Record a song or tune written or recorded by any musician whose Birthday is this week. that is, who was born between December 10th and December 17th. It can be a song by the individual as a solo act or by any band that they were a member of or a song written or co-written by the individual but recorded by someone else. They don't have to be still performing or even alive today as long as their birthday was between December 10th & 17th.

I said song but instrumentals are also welcome. In fact I always like it when some of you enter instrumentals.

For songwriters, write a song about or connected in some way to any musician whose birthday is this week.

Here's a couple lists of musicians born between the relevant dates:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Lists_of_musicians_by_birthday
http://www.bittersuiteband.com/music_birthdays-december.htm

Usual Rules
a) Ukulele should be the main instrument but include other instruments if you wish.
b) Start and finish midnight Hawaii time on Sunday as usual so 8 days.
c) Multi tracking, plugging in etc. are all OK
d) I've got a busy week coming up so three song limit. Even so, I might be a little slow adding my comments though I'll do my best to keep up.

Playlist

Last edited:
Oh there are some great possibilities here!

(Meg White!!!)

Oooh so close... today is the birthday of one of my favourite singer/songwriters, Joan Armatrading! Probably just as well, there's no copying that voice really. She's incredible.

Brian Molko... I think I can find something if I get time with my busy schedule this week.

Great theme, Geoff, and early Happy Birthday!

Over/under on the number of songs by a) Beethoven and b) Spike Jones ...

Oooh so close... today is the birthday of one of my favourite singer/songwriters, Joan Armatrading! Probably just as well, there's no copying that voice really. She's incredible.

I might just be able to stretch it a bit. She's a superb songwriter and singer.

Great theme, Geoff, and early Happy Birthday!

Over/under on the number of songs by a) Beethoven and b) Spike Jones ...

I'll try to talk Tiffany into doing something by Beethoven...

oh i say, geoff, that wiki link tells me you share your actual birthday with someone else especially super duper! great theme!

P.S. december birthdays rock! :rock:

Lots to pick from! Should be a good season, Geoff! And, just in case I forget later; HAPPY BIRTHDAY (Soon)! - dd

That is one heck of a list, and happy to find Bob Stinson on it. Hands down the best ukulele album I own is by Bright Little Field- Treatment Bound, a Ukulele Tribute to the Replacements. It is brilliant. If you like ANYTHING the Replacements did, buy it.
Guess we know what songs I am learning huh?

As soon as I saw a Hawkins brother on the list, with it being December I knew where I needed to start.

Unfortunately I'm still recovering from a cold and this requires an ungodly helping of falsetto. But this is a ukulele contest.

Been a while since I've had a bedhead special quite that great

On that wiki page

Dec 10 41 Peter Sarstedt
Dec 12 43 Peter Sarstedt
??????

Top Bottom