Season 304 Happy Birthday...

Anyone watching the cricket?:)
You can go off people, you know...:)

Meanwhile, a nasty cold has taken away my voice, and with it any chance of me doing more Birthday songs. Sorry Geoff.

Caught up to here and I'm really enjoying the variety of entries we are getting from songs associated with a wide variety of musicians whose birthdays are this week.

Keep them coming. There's still another day to go.

[Put this in Season 305 by mistake ...]

Once Grover decided he had to help, I had to keep going.

Milton DeLugg was a composer, arranger, and band leader (esp. for U.S. TV shows). He was probably best known for being the conductor of the band on The Gong Show, but he also led the NBC Orchestra for Johnny Carson in between Skitch Henderson and Doc Severinsen. He was born in December 1918 and died in 2015 at age 96.

His band also recorded the 45-RPM single of the theme for "The Munsters," which I attempt to do here with Grover's assistance.

Happy Birthday, Geoff!

What do we do if your list was wrong? The BitterSuiteBand list gave Andy Partridge of XTC's birthday as Dec. 11, so I learned an XTC song and did a video of it. As I was uploading it to YouTube, I looked on Wikipedia and they list his birthday as Nov. 11.

:grumble grumble:

What do we do if your list was wrong? The BitterSuiteBand list gave Andy Partridge of XTC's birthday as Dec. 11, so I learned an XTC song and did a video of it. As I was uploading it to YouTube, I looked on Wikipedia and they list his birthday as Nov. 11.

:grumble grumble:

There have been one or two mistakes in those lists. Not your fault. If you've already recorded it, then bring it anyway. If you want you can say something like "... mistakenly said ...'s Birthday was Dec xx" etc, that's fine but I leave that up to you.

So, like I said, the list said Andy Partridge of XTC's birthday was Dec. 11, when it was really Nov. 11. And it's just as well, because this would probably be the most depressing birthday song ever. I didn't have time this week to work on a song until last night, so I needed a song that didn't have a complicated arrangement and would be easy to get in my singing range.

So Happy Birthday, Geoff, and please enjoy this morbid little ditty. ;)

Last edited:
Here is my contribution to the competition: a cover of Ants Marching by Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds. (Tim Reynolds was born on December 15th.)

Composed in 1818, the lyrics to Silent Night were written by Joseph Mohr. He was born December 11th, 1792. The music was written by Franz Xaver Gruber. I hope you had a most wonderful birthday week Geoff!

And I couldn't resist a bonus version of "Guns of Brixton" with a big tip of the cap to redpaul!!

Happy birthday, Geoff, and thank you for a fun Season!!

I belatedly declare that season 304 is well and truly over. Thank you to everyone who took part in the season I've enjoyed listening to your entries. I still have a few to catch up with and I hope to do so later this evening.

Finally caught up with all the entries. 52 in total though I've not counted how many Seasonistas. I'll try and get a wrap done in the next day or so.

Top Bottom