Season 304 Happy Birthday...

Hi, Geoff ... and many happy returns for whenever-it-is! "If I Didn't Care" has been recorded by Frank Sinatra, Connie Francis and Brenda Lee, whose birthdays all fall within the specified dates.

Quite a lot of potential with Otis Redding, Benny Andersson (Abba) and Sam Cooke on the list

I've been a John Anderson fan since he debuted in the late 70's, and this is my favorite song of his. I love songs with this kind of a Cajun feel.

Johnny Moore was the longest-serving member of the Drifters, roughly three decades with the band (Ben E. King perhaps the one with shortest tenure -- a little more than a year -- but the biggest name; and he sang this originally). It's Johnny's birthday week, too, so here's a Drifters classic. On my Fluke.

And the Ink Spots. The first 78 I ever heard because my grandpa loved it so...

Hi, Geoff ... and many happy returns for whenever-it-is! "If I Didn't Care" has been recorded by Frank Sinatra, Connie Francis and Brenda Lee, whose birthdays all fall within the specified dates.

Well if it's your birthday...you are getting a kitchen session. Everyone wants a quick and dirty track from Cloverdale for their Birthday right? This is a song we have done before, it is a favorite.
Mister Otis Redding...You Left The Water Running. Complete with Melissa washing the salad.

SOTU 304 - Happy Birthday December 10-17 Musicians - Seminole Wind (John Anderson)

John Anderson's birthday is Wednesday and I believe he will turn 64. Seminole Wind was a major hit for him and is the title song for his album of the same name released in 1992.

This song always evokes a special memory of when I first heard it. It was on the truck radio during the long drive to the South Florida Fair where I was heading to be one of the featured demonstrating artists in their newly redesigned Craft Building.

Got to see quite a bit of the "saw grass" John mentions every time I made the trip. The Everglades is a truly magnificent ecosystem.

Happy Birthday Geoff. I hope it’s a good one.

More Replacements. Don’t try this at home.

Meg White had her birthday on Sunday, so here's a song she sung on the White Stripes' Elephant album.

Dave Clarks birthday on the 15th Dec. When I first moved to Bournemouth in 2005 a fella called Denis from the letting agents took me around and showed me my first flat and sorted out the contracts etc..........you would never have thought that Denis (Denis Payton)was once in one of the biggest bands leading the 60s Brit Invasion 'Dave Clark Five'. I was lucky enough to have known him for around a year before cancer took him through work and my tenancy and often got him to regale me with his stories of the bands escapades.

P.S My birthdays on the 16th Dec and I share it with some geezer called Ludwig

Last edited:
Happy Birthday, Geoff! Today Russian composer Vladimir Shainsky turned 92. Here is a birthday song by him, from a children's cartoon about Crocodile Gena (1969).

Connie Francis, birthday today on 12.12. and now 79 yrs young.
Very successfull all over in the western world in the US, and Europe, having an incredible vita
http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0203/11/lkl.00.html

See a comparison of english and german lyrics. OK, in german there are only two verses, maybe Germans have less memory for singing. Also the story of the song is different: heartbreaking english, and allof german. Maybe the translator was so expensive, they saved a verse (or stupid and couldn't find another) ... have a look/ear:

Last edited:
Who's Sorry Now?

Connie Francis, 1957, December 12 birthday.
I was going to do Charlie Rich, as we share a birthday (14th) but I like others I found better than his stuff on YouTube.

another "sorry" upload

I'm Sorry, a 1960 hit and popular slow dance tune recorded by Brenda Lee, b. Dec. 11, 1944.

This is pitched a bit high as I accidentally used baritone fingering on my tenor, so I did it in C instead of G. I'm sorry. :)

Last edited:
I'm popping back in to drop this bragger's special. I had this picked out for Rob's season, but that didn't work out. It was recorded by the Carter Family, and AP Carter is on that birthday list for 12'15. SO I get to recycle it.
It's one of those folk songs of indeterminate origin, and a thousand printed and recorded versions.
I first heard it on a Doc Watson record. Elvis recorded it.
I added a line with a T-Rex for you-know-who, and added my own verse: the one with no bible references..
happy to be back!

https://youtu.be/4tP5MbEjm2w

Top Bottom