Any other option besides Mainland?

My suggestion is to get the Mainland and not look back. It’s a great instrument and an even better value.

I have a MB but my Mainland is my daily player. Hard to beat.

since you are soliciting other options, here's another option--although probably not a very palatable one:

Buy the ukulele you want her to have and then have a qualified person install the pickup of your choosing in it.

How about a Pono from HMS? This one plus a Pono pickup added would be just above $500 and includes a hardshell case. 2018 model that they describe as having a thinner neck than prior years. Folks seem to love their Pono ukes.
https://www.theukulelesite.com/shop-by/size/tenor/pono-at-acacia-tenor.html

How did I never see the option to have a pickup installed before? Haha, thank you so much. I believe I may go with that one. It's Pono, gorgeous, satin, acacia, and not took flashy. Not sure it will arrive by Christmas but here's hoping.

Thank you RafterGirl and everyone else for the suggestions!

Last edited:
How did I never see the option to have a pickup installed before? Haha, thank you so much. I believe I may go with that one. It's Pono, gorgeous, satin, acacia, and not took flashy. Not sure it will arrive by Christmas but here's hoping.

Thank you RafterGirl and everyone else for the suggestions!
I had never noticed the option of the Pono pickup before today either. Not as much $$$ as the MiSi or LR Baggs. Let us know how it turns out.

How did I never see the option to have a pickup installed before? Haha, thank you so much. I believe I may go with that one. It's Pono, gorgeous, satin, acacia, and not took flashy.

I have the Pono MT (Mahogany Tenor from the same series). What I love about it is all of the things you mentioned; the satin finish and the fact that it's not flashy.

I have Pono tenor with the Pono passive pick up. It works great.

Top Bottom