Mugig MUK-2 Cutaway Concert - REVIEW

bazmaz

Reaction score
Just wondering why in the world you bought this instrument in the first place...especially considering you didn't plan to review it.

????

My reviews are based, mainly, on the generosity of brands and shops who loan me things to write about. The majority are NOT mine and loaned - they get sent back. That can't ever completely fill the reviews pages, and actually would make my aim to be impartial and not one sided difficult to achieve. As such, the blog is monetised and that money goes back directly into buying a certain proportion for review. When they are reviewed they are either sold to fund more for review or, if they are cheap (like this one) they are given to local childrens charity or local school. That ensures that the reviews are mix of both those brands that want to appear, but also those who maybe don't or don't know of my site - ie a broad range range. It's not a perfect system, but it's about as balanced as I can make it without being in the pockets of the brands. Some loaned ukes get bad reviews, some good. Some bought ukes get bad reviews, some good. I tell it like I see it.

This one was bought some months ago with the full intention of being reviewed quickly. Then a huge flood of certain Amazon only brands appeared with some very questionable marketing tactics (ie - effective paid for reviews) - and I had second thoughts despite having bought it. As I say in the review, I am not claiming Mugig are guilty of what I have seen, but they did fall foul of my new review policy. I didn't buy it to NOT review it. I bought it to review it, but my policy changed. It was sat there doing nothing and still available so I figured I would get it out of the way before year end. That's it.

Thanks anyway for making me go into all that detail...

Top Bottom