GERALD ROSS "THE KING OF SWING UKULELE!" JAN 27th ONE NITE 4 NAMM @ ISLAND BAZ! $25

Xtradust

Reaction score
GERALD ROSS "THE KING OF SWING UKULELE!" JAN 27th ONE NITE 4 NAMM @ ISLAND BAZ! $25

That's right GERALD ROSS world famous "THE KING OF SWING UKULELE!" at Island Bazaar in Huntington Beach!!! Tickets will sell out! Call to reserve yours!!! (714) 843-9350

He's here for NAMM and might bring some friends. If you're on this site...don't miss this show! $25 is too inexpensive to last long.
Call now!!! (714) 843-9350

Island Bazaar
16582 Gothard St. Suite R
Huntington Beach, CA 92647
(714) 843-9350

Gerald Ross is one of the finest instrumentalists on the scene today. Whether he is playing the guitar, the ukulele, or the Hawaiian steel guitar, his music expresses a sense of rhythm and melody that is rare in contemporary music.

His musical virtuosity and entertaining mix of swing, blues, Hawaiian, American roots music and Tin Pan Alley are a joy to hear. And eclectic? When the mood strikes him, he'll pick up the Cajun accordion, mandolin, bass, banjo, harmonica, charango and, as mentioned, the ukulele.

performed several times on the nationally broadcast radio show "A Prairie Home Companion" with Garrison Keillor. It was quite a treat to perform on that show knowing that our music was being broadcast live throughout North America.

I started playing the Hawaiian steel guitar in 1998. I've always enjoyed Hawaiian music and the sound of steel but never got serious about learning the instrument. I decided to finally buy a steel guitar and learn to play. I foolishly thought that I would "have it down" in about two weeks... Well, it's been five years and I'm still learning. I enjoy Hawaiian steel guitar music from the 1930's , 40's and 50's. The sounds of Sol Ho'opi'i, Dick McIntire, David Keli'i, and Jules Ah See have been a major influence on my learning adventure and a constant source of inspiration.

His critics say,
"Successfully blending the sounds of jazz blues and swing, Gerald Ross has created a style uniquely his own. Whether he is playing jazz standards, popular favorites, delta and urban blues, Tin Pan Alley melodies, New Orleans rhythms or boogie woogie, it's bound to be a delightful surprise to any listener.

He has the rare ability to transmit an infectious good humor to his audience through a tasteful combination of outstanding instrumental talent and an eclectic repertoire. An experienced musician, Gerald Ross is equally at home in a concert hall or on a small club stage. He has performed in concert with Bonnie Raitt, Arlo Guthrie, Doc Watson, Johnny Gimble, Riders In The Sky, Brownie McGhee and many other nationally known artists. Gerald is the winner of the 1993 WEMU Jazz Competition (solo artist category). Other radio work includes appearances on National Public Radio's 'A Prairie Home Companion' with Garrison Keillor.

When the mood strikes him, he has been known to pick up a mandolin, bass, steel guitar, banjo, harmonica, Cajun accordion and ukulele. A ukulele is not a toy."

Top Bottom