Winter Heating Costs

Timbuck

Reaction score
I've just been in the Workshop to switch on the electric heating the temperature in there is zero degrees C .. According to the Smart Meter device (that the Electric Co installed for me this summer) It's costing me 77P per hour to heat the workshop.:( ..Whats it like in your part of the world?

About the same in Billingham. Smart meters make me paranoid about how much we spend on heating.

I prefer not to think about how much it's costing me. I just concentrate on the £200 winter workshop heating allowance the Government gives me each year. It's not as frightening that way.

No heat in my shop. I wear warm clothes and take parts to glue inside if it's too cold.

I am sure Tim has some mahogany around that he can burn!

It was -3 in the workshop this morning..
I didn't bother heating.. I just came indoors. Ukulele building will have to wait :-(

I've just been in the Workshop to switch on the electric heating the temperature in there is zero degrees C .. According to the Smart Meter device (that the Electric Co installed for me this summer) It's costing me 77P per hour to heat the workshop.:( ..Whats it like in your part of the world?

My winter power bills work out at about NZ $10.00 per day for the household. No heating in the shed.

Warmed up to +4C today after dropping to -9C last night. Winter is just getting started.;)

Top Bottom